The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, jec said:

Boy this place really has gone to poop in a hand basket. A man who thinks Ditto is the best Pokemon is now the resident wiz kid. How the turntables.

Ditto! 

I hope we can turn this around, but this is a much too familiar theme for us. We come in to camp in shape; get the jump on a few teams and then the league gets in shape figures us out and the losing begins. It looks like we are not physical enough and then we flame out. Bring on the trades. 

5 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Bamba being late to shoot around was the reason for being benched?  Clifford is hard ass. And to punish your number one pick like this is gonna go one way or the other. Hopefully the good way. But you never know for sure. 

I was hoping Evan was suspended for his piss poor play. Now that would have been a good reason. 

If he was late, I'm ok with Clifford bringing down the hammer. Clifford wants to maintain control of the team and wants them to respect him. In a league where the players control damn near everything, it's little things coaches still have the ability to do like suspending players that keeps the players in check. 

16 hours ago, jec said:

Boy this place really has gone to poop in a hand basket. A man who thinks Ditto is the best Pokemon is now the resident wiz kid. How the turntables.

Thank you for this glorious post.  I have never thought of changing my title but I am liking a lot the title "Resident wiz kid"  May wait to make that final decision until after our basketball guru ?4TheWin decides on who the "?" will be.  

So if we strike out on trading Vuc/Ross for a pg like fultz/ball/dsj... what if we trade our pick (lottery protected?), salary dump Fournier, and Grant for Spencer Dinwiddie and one of their expiring guys like Faried or Carroll. Nets are usually all about these kind of deals

46 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

So if we strike out on trading Vuc/Ross for a pg like fultz/ball/dsj... what if we trade our pick (lottery protected?), salary dump Fournier, and Grant for Spencer Dinwiddie and one of their expiring guys like Faried or Carroll. Nets are usually all about these kind of deals

Think we'd need to take Crabbe to avoid using the pick

13 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yag4ncdd

Yeah I’d 100% do this! Would then like to find someone to dump Simmons contract on so we can have more cap space to resign Dinwiddie and Ross. Maybe even O’Quinn too

Don't believe Brooklyn would want to add more salary in Fournier, even if it means dumping Crabbe.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Don't believe Brooklyn would want to add more salary in Fournier, even if it means dumping Crabbe.

I think Crabbe is taking his option next year

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I think Crabbe is taking his option next year

I know. I still don’t see this being a move that makes sense for Brooklyn. Fournier adds even more long term salary.

21 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I know. I still don’t see this being a move that makes sense for Brooklyn. Fournier adds even more long term salary.

I think I’d give them the okc pick too if that compensates an extra year of fournier contract.