The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I saw it during the weekend. It makes sense but are we willing to give Vuch for Ball and KCP? It will likely kill our chances to make the playoff. 

I am all in with this. 

Just now, magicdoc1 said:

I saw it during the weekend. It makes sense but are we willing to give Vuch for Ball and KCP? It will likely kill our chances to make the playoff. 

I am all in with this. 

Yeah. I think Ball could replicate vucevic's offense just by getting Gordon, Isaac, and Bamba easy buckets that they're currently not getting because we don't have anyone who can pass

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. I think Ball could replicate vucevic's offense just by getting Gordon, Isaac, and Bamba easy buckets that they're currently not getting because we don't have anyone who can pass

Ball isn’t a ball hog either, so our offense should be able to continue with the amount of motion in it. And he pushes the ball in transition, which our team is missing right now. It seems like the only guy who really pushes the ball in transition often is Gordon right now.

(We are towards the bottom in transition offense frequency and points per transition offense attempt)

8 minutes ago, Odin said:

Ball isn’t a ball hog either, so our offense should be able to continue with the amount of motion in it. And he pushes the ball in transition, which our team is missing right now. It seems like the only guy who really pushes the ball in transition often is Gordon right now.

(We are towards the bottom in transition offense frequency and points per transition offense attempt)

A lot of that has to do with DJ being risk averse. He'll back out of a fast break to just set up the offense. 

Back to the value of 2nd round picks post... I think timing has a lot to do with the value too. I would have loved to have had a couple of earlier 2nds in the last draft and been able to try out a couple of the PGs that went before our picks. IMO those 2nds would have been a lot more valuable than 2nds will be this year for us after we have already secured our PG.

21 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Back to the value of 2nd round picks post... I think timing has a lot to do with the value too. I would have loved to have had a couple of earlier 2nds in the last draft and been able to try out a couple of the PGs that went before our picks. IMO those 2nds would have been a lot more valuable than 2nds will be this year for us after we have already secured our PG.

I think you keep projecting what you wanted. If we wanted brunson, Carter, or okobo we would have traded up. I mean the 34th pick went for a 2019 second and a 2023 second. 

Weltman or Hammond (correctly or incorrectly) liked briscoe more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

A lot of that has to do with DJ being risk averse. He'll back out of a fast break to just set up the offense. 

Yeah, and Ball is the complete opposite in that regard. He loves to get out in transition and push the ball. If you are talking about easy points, there are some easy points that we are missing.

And other guys have the opportunity to push the ball too, but it often seems like it is only really after a Gordon rebound that our guys are running up the court trying to get the opposing offense out of order for an easy basket.

Would y’all do Vuc and a first for ball? The more I think about it he’s just the perfect young pg for us. Pick have some protection..

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Man can you imagine the fast breaks and the outlet passes? 

Only downsides are we’d lose that half court offense that usually occurs in the playoffs and Bamba might not be ready to be a full time starter.

12 minutes ago, rekraprovert said:

Is Ball considered a good defender? I haven't really watched him much to this point to see for myself.

Using last year's #s, the Lakers were 3 points per 100 possessions better on defense with Ball on the court than off the court (via 82games). Last year, opposing players shot 3.3% lower than their yearly averages when he was the main defender. This hasn't been as high this year, but he isn't a problem on the defensive end.

His size allows him to switch easily as well, and he is a smart player.