The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

47 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

The saga continues......Glad to hear your are a die hard Magic fan like the rest of us here.  And, as your resume shows, you are an NBA fan,  so just like a of us you are entitled to your opinions as fans are.   Nothing more...nothing less.  I have been a fan since the early 1960's and it is what I am.    I did not see anyone saying you know nothing about basketball only questioning what you knew about the particular subject matter you referenced.  Some, on this site, are a lot smarter than just being a fan.  You have had interction for ?4TheWin and I have come to have a high amount of respect for his knowledge, even when his chastised me for my OPINION!.  If you want to get out of that -11 hole you are in, thicken your skin.  The guys and gals on this site are passionate AND merciful.  They are great MAGIC fans.  They are not shy.

I here you.  And I thank you for reaching out.  :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Upvote for you from me.  Hoping Isaac can get to star/superstar at the 3.  If we can get Isaac and Gordon playing off each other with Bamba in the middle of this I see quite a formidable trio.  Starting to see glimpses of that.  Fournier is NOT our future 2.  Reddick role at best fi he ever starts shooting well.  He is killing us right now.   Love Ross's play and creativity getting off his shot.  Obvious glaring hole is PG as it has been for a number of years.  Superstar at 1 or 2 on my Christmas wish list.  I read this summer Magic's long term plan was to be really active in FA not this summer but the next when we would have max money.  NBA all about salary cap money management these days and patience.  We had to be patient in 1989 so I am enjoying this season similar to the early one's and know we are not there yet!  Hoping for good trades and good draft picks.  It won't take much with this nucleus.

6 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Dont let this gett you down or upset and try not to be too passionate with your post and responses when someone  goes against your opinion. 

No one is doubting your intelligence. This is a forum and we are all fans. It is ok to disagree. We all have our shares of disagreements here. I think I have found a way to upset a few in the past here but at the end, we do respect  each other here. 

Just learn how to accept the critics from other and you will be ok. I think the thumbs down has been too excessive in my opinion but they are mainly against your attacks rather than your opinions. 

I for one, appreciate you been here and be a participant in this forum. 

Now, go on and get some likes! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Some, on this site, are a lot smarter than just being a fan.  You have had interction for ?4TheWin and I have come to have a high amount of respect for his knowledge, even when his chastised me for my OPINION!.

Ehh...... 

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Dont let this gett you down or upset and try not to be too passionate with your post and responses when someone  goes against your opinion. 

No one is doubting your intelligence. This is a forum and we are all fans. It is ok to disagree. We all have our shares of disagreements here. I think I have found a way to upset a few in the past here but at the end, we do respect  each other here. 

Just learn how to accept the critics from other and you will be ok. I think the thumbs down has been too excessive in my opinion but they are mainly against your attacks rather than your opinions. 

I for one, appreciate you been here and be a participant in this forum. 

Now, go on and get some likes! 

Thanks man!  It's all good.  Go Magic!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, ?4thewin said:

Lol. Yes you can. When you have more picks than roster spots you have excess supply. When you have excess supply you create market disequilibrium. When there's market disequilibrium the value of your product bottoms out. Picks only matter up to a point. 

Please stop the economics talk with me I have a business degree in finance.  I get it.  Quit trying to be the smartest person in the room and just be a good guy.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Please stop the economics talk with me I have a business degree in finance.  I get it.  Quit trying to be the smartest person in the room and just be a good guy.

I'm not trying to be smart I'm just telling you draft picks aren't perpetually valuable. Especially late ones. Especially with teams that already have two early seconds which are arguably more valuable than the 26th pick. 

Dam..... don’t be so sensitive. Yea we got some that like to showcase a bit; even myself from time to time, but this is what the board is about. An exchange of ideas and perspectives; it doesn’t mean it’s right or wrong; just one’s perspective. You may be too thin skinned for this. Just my humble perspective. 

31 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Dam..... don’t be so sensitive. Yea we got some that like to showcase a bit; even myself from time to time, but this is what the board is about. An exchange of ideas and perspectives; it doesn’t mean it’s right or wrong; just one’s perspective. You may be too thin skinned for this. Just my humble perspective. 

Yep. Pretty much.