The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

The 5 or so hours on draft day during which I was convincing myself that we were going to trade up for Luka were some of the best of my life.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

giphy.gif

Last two posts by ?4theWin  (this one and the one preceding this) are classic and qualify this individual for "poster of the year" if a moderator can get that award.  First just pure, plain common sense on the number of picks and secondly, calling out the self proclaimed status of TheImmortalPatBurke.  Cannot wait for this continuing saga!!!  At this point all golfing fans yelling to $4theWin...."You da Man!!!!!!!!"

There is enough evidence to suggest that Lowry being traded may be on the cards. Lowry has been very outspoken regarding DeMar DeRozan’s trade this past summer, and many of his comments have been blunt criticisms of the franchise. There are a number of teams which would be interested in Lowry, and his contract is a bit more trade-friendly, as he still has a year left on his contract beyond this season. $33 million per season is hard to move, but it can be done.

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-news-fred-vanvleet-says-starter-soon/

My resume here we go.  I grew up in southern california watchcing the Lakers on KTLA  in 84.  Also watching the Bulls on WGN and the Hawks on TBS.  My family moved to Orlando in 89  and I have been a die hard Magic fan ever since.   So I know a little something about basketball!  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

My resume here we go.  I grew up in southern california watchcing the Lakers on KTLA  in 84.  Also watching the Bulls on WGN and the Hawks on TBS.  My family moved to Orlando in 89  and I have been a die hard Magic fan ever since.   So I know a little something about basketball!  

The saga continues......Glad to hear your are a die hard Magic fan like the rest of us here.  And, as your resume shows, you are an NBA fan,  so just like a of us you are entitled to your opinions as fans are.   Nothing more...nothing less.  I have been a fan since the early 1960's and it is what I am.    I did not see anyone saying you know nothing about basketball only questioning what you knew about the particular subject matter you referenced.  Some, on this site, are a lot smarter than just being a fan.  You have had interction for ?4TheWin and I have come to have a high amount of respect for his knowledge, even when his chastised me for my OPINION!.  If you want to get out of that -11 hole you are in, thicken your skin.  The guys and gals on this site are passionate AND merciful.  They are great MAGIC fans.  They are not shy.

• Upvote 2