The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Sorry you are looking at the small picture right in front of you but ignoring the big picture.  This current roster to compete for chips needs a superstar at the 2 or 3 postition and maybe both.   It's a loser mentality to tye your future to T Ross.  

Tying future on Ross?? I dont think you have to do that. He is an expiring who is playing very well on a team that it is fighting for a playoff spot. Also, to build a succefull team you need to have good bench talent or you are going to fail miserable.  Ross is a valuable role player who is needed by many teams,  Including us. 

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

You might no care, but I do. Any pick is an asset and any Asset is of value. If you are going to spend money

Cleveland got Alec Burks who is a decent talented player on a  friendly contract(expiring) AND  2 second round PICKs. The 2021 Washington pick is not likely going to be a late pick the way things looks and The 2020 Utah second round will likely be a mid round second round pick.

Hill got a future first and second round pick. Again, Valuable assests to either keep them or to use on another trade in the future. 

We have 6 picks in the next two drafts. Our mid-teen pick, Cleveland's second rounder that might be 31-34. Brooklyn's second rounder that is currently 36. Our pick next year, the OKC pick, our second. We have 6 young players we're currently developing. 

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

Tying future on Ross?? I dont think you have to do that. He is an expiring who is playing very well on a team that it is fighting for a playoff spot. Also, to build a succefull team you need to have good bench talent or you are going to fail miserable.  Ross is a valuable role player who is needed by many teams,  Including us. 

Okay I understand.  But take a step back and look at our team.  I mean the goal is to win a championship am I correct?  TRoss is the player you add when you are on the verge but not part of rebuilding plans.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

We have 6 picks in the next two drafts. Our mid-teen pick, Cleveland's second rounder that might be 31-34. Brooklyn's second rounder that is currently 36. Our pick next year, the OKC pick, our second. We have 6 young players we're currently developing. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You can never have enough draft picks or assets it's just commen sense.

16 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Sorry you are looking at the small picture right in front of you but ignoring the big picture.  This current roster to compete for chips needs a superstar at the 2 or 3 postition and maybe both.   It's a loser mentality to tye your future to T Ross.  

You don't know what you're talking about. Two way guys who shoot like Ross are valuable and always in high demand. 

If we're in the position where we have interest from a superstar you know what we can do? Trade Ross! Because he's valuable! It's that easy!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You don't know what you're talking about. Two way guys who shoot like Ross are valuable and always in high demand. 

If we're in the position where we have interest from a superstar you know what we can do? Trade Ross! Because he's valuable! It's that easy!

Your talking a bunch of ifs, maybes,  and hypotheticals.  And I do know what I am talking about and have the resume to prove it,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

You can never have enough draft picks or assets it's just commen sense.

Lol. Yes you can. When you have more picks than roster spots you have excess supply. When you have excess supply you create market disequilibrium. When there's market disequilibrium the value of your product bottoms out. Picks only matter up to a point. 

10 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Your talking a bunch of ifs, maybes,  and hypotheticals.  And I do know what I am talking about and have the resume to prove it,

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

Yeah I agree. I've personally disliked him since day one but I could live with him because he was one of our best performers, but now I just don't think he offers this group much at all. He seems to be lost with our offense (jacks up stupid long 3s) and defence, he just doesn't look like a fit anymore.

Agreed. At some point we need to demand more out of our SG position. 

Reading all of this about picks- how valuable do you think Boston’s million picks are right now? Other FOs know Boston wants to offload some.