The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, DocHoliday said:

I meant Mozgov and the Okc pick . I wouldn’t want to give up out first. 

Right. I didn't really spell it out enough. 

If we're so thrilled about it that probably means we need to give up more

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Right. I didn't really spell it out enough. 

If we're so thrilled about it that probably means we need to give up more

Yeah. Very true. We don’t have that doing is a favor trade cache in the league. 

If Gordon were to somehow make the All Star Team, other star players would begin to see Orlando as a place on the rise. Really hoping that comes to fruition. We need to continue to win.

I know Vooch has a better chance to make the All Star Team than Gordon, but Vooch is an older cat who is a free agent at the end of the year. Perhaps both make it ;)

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The oladipo trade was not one of the worst trades in NBA history lol. It's not even a top 5 worst trade in the last 5 years. 

He traded a future perennial all star and a first round pick (sabonis) who turned out to be a decent young big for half a season rental of a desinterested guy who clearly didn’t fit with vucevic and byombo.

yea, it was a top 5 worst trade.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

With oladipo you can't really judge his play now and ascribe it to his value 2.5 years ago. He was a player who we had for 3 full years who was good but flawed and there was every indication he was basically going to be Will Barton. We saw that with his time on the thunder. I liked him because he plays both ways but you can't really complain about trading that oladipo for Ibaka. The problem there was roster construction. 

It's like Fournier now. We have significant evidence of what fournier is. Good at some things, average at others, unremarkable but alright. If we trade him for stuff and two seasons later he finds himself in an excellent situation for him and turns into a star it wasn't a mistake to trade him

You continue to severely overrated Fournier.

he is a decent offensive guy (not great) and a horrible defensive guard.

14 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

He traded a future perennial all star and a first round pick (sabonis) who turned out to be a decent young big for half a season rental of a desinterested guy who clearly didn’t fit with vucevic and byombo.

yea, it was a top 5 worst trade.

See but that's the thing. You can't judge a trade like that. We didn't trade an all star shooting guard. Oladipo became an all star shooting guard when he found the perfect situation for him and he probably was impacted by being traded twice in one year. 

15 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

You continue to severely overrated Fournier.

he is a decent offensive guy (not great) and a horrible defensive guard.

He's not horrible on defense by any metric. 

And I'm not sure how I overrated him

I have high hopes for Isaac and Bamba, and Ross is really fun to watch. We likely wouldn’t have any of them if those trades were not made.

Not saying that those trade weren’t bad. But at some point you have to stop whining about the past and enjoy the present.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Odin said:

I have high hopes for Isaac and Bamba, and Ross is really fun to watch. We likely wouldn’t have any of them if those trades were not made.

Not saying that those trade weren’t bad. But at some point you have to stop whining about the past and enjoy the present.

Well said! Isaac right now is one of my favorite players in the NBA and Bamba has a damn viral theme song and potential to be our new all star big man and on top of that we have AG who is a human highlight reel as far as athletics are concerned. Now is the best time to be a magic fan since 2009!

Finally logged myself back in here for the first time in a couple of years, everytime I want to speak my mind on the Magic's facebook pages they're mostly insane (except for you, Mauro!)...

But I looked at the Knicks box score to see if Mario was doing anything today... and it jumps out at me that Noah Vonleh seems to finally be showing some of what got people excited about him in 2014. Has he finally become underrated? He's still so young at 23!

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

He's not horrible on defense by any metric. 

And I'm not sure how I overrated him

Why are metrics needed to judge a player ability? 

I have watched probably over 150 full games of him. I don’t need a rating to tell me what I saw.

i watched a guy who is not good defending the pick and roll, who gets bullied every time he is in the paint, who does not give the minimum effort in any hustle situation, who routinely lets his rival to have extremely effective nights.

he is really horrible on defense.