The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Theres no doubt Hennigan was an excellent scout.

But that's about it. He was terrible at making trades, terrible at cap management (later on), and terrible at putting together a cohesive team.

Also, terrible at picking coaches too. 

I agree with cohesive team point but he traded a year of Afflalo for Fournier, half a year of JJ for Harris, expiring Ibaka for Ross. Those were some good trades

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Keith Smith thinks Charlotte should blow up there roster. He states that they are projected to be 40 million over the cap next year. 

Five teams, including some early-season surprises, that need to blow it all up

Kemba Hudley Walker, pack your bags. Your services are needed in Orlando!

Could Kemba Coexist with our Current Roster, or do we play him off the bench with our second stringers? Secondly that would immediately be a +3 To our win column as a bonafide magic killer is no longer playing for another team.

With oladipo you can't really judge his play now and ascribe it to his value 2.5 years ago. He was a player who we had for 3 full years who was good but flawed and there was every indication he was basically going to be Will Barton. We saw that with his time on the thunder. I liked him because he plays both ways but you can't really complain about trading that oladipo for Ibaka. The problem there was roster construction. 

It's like Fournier now. We have significant evidence of what fournier is. Good at some things, average at others, unremarkable but alright. If we trade him for stuff and two seasons later he finds himself in an excellent situation for him and turns into a star it wasn't a mistake to trade him

It's tough. You see a guy flash a bit and then hold on to him for development and he's Rodrigue Beaubois who barely played his rookie year but when he was given more than 20 minutes (13 games) he averaged 16 ppg on 57/48/69 shooting culminating with a 40 point game where he hit 9 threes. Dallas made him untouchable in trade talks and he never became anything. 

You think development flattened so you try to cash him in and he becomes oladipo. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I agree with cohesive team point but he traded a year of Afflalo for Fournier, half a year of JJ for Harris, expiring Ibaka for Ross. Those were some good trades

Not to mention the Dwight trade as his first move. Bringing Vuch here.

18 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I’d do that in a heartbeat lol. 

Probably means we'd have to include our first instead and I don't know if I want to do that

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Probably means we'd have to include our first instead and I don't know if I want to do that

I meant Mozgov and the Okc pick . I wouldn’t want to give up out first.