The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

All  I want for Christmas is T. Ross signed to a team friendly contract and Fournier traded in a deal or series of deals that get us one of Ball, Fultz or Rozier.

I would also take Ross signed and Fournier traded for a lump of coal.

11 hours ago, The Boss said:

All  I want for Christmas is T. Ross signed to a team friendly contract and Fournier traded in a deal or series of deals that get us one of Ball, Fultz or Rozier.

I would also take Ross signed and Fournier traded for a lump of coal.

I really think we should all forget about the Fultz before the draft and consider him as the Fultz that hasn't shown that he can even play in the NBA yet and focus our attention in different directions. Agree on TRoss, he must be resigned.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I really think we should all forget about the Fultz before the draft and consider him as the Fultz that hasn't shown that he can even play in the NBA yet and focus our attention in different directions. Agree on TRoss, he must be resigned.

Boooo

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Boooo

To some degree, I agree. Even if his issue is fixed, he will probably have to relearn how to shoot the ball as he has now 1.5 years of messing with his shot that probably did more harm than good. And you have to admit that one of the reasons he was drafted high was because of his ability to create and score efficiently from almost everywhere on the floor.

But, on the other hand, I still want him for all of the other reasons he was drafted #1. The athleticism is still there. The defensive potential is still there. The passing ability is still there. The BBIQ is still there. He seems to have a good personality as his teammates all seem to like him. (Fans on the other hand seem to be turning on him, because who doesn't like to turn their ire on a player struggling with a long term injury that makes them less than what seems to have been promised? *cough*Grant Hill*cough*)

I also think he has looked worse than he might actually even be right now as Philly's line ups put him into situations that exasperate the situation instead of mitigating it. Most used line-up with Fultz- Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Covington. A guy that won't shoot a 3, a guy that shoots many 3s but at a bad percentage (Embiid shoots 4 a game at 30%), A guy who is 30% from the year and is no longer on the team, and another guy who was actually decent but is no longer on the team. And yet, most of the line ups he has been a part of have been positive, with his top 4 most used line ups all outscoring the opposing team. (at least per BB reference).

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Boooo

8 minutes ago, Odin said:

To some degree, I agree. Even if his issue is fixed, he will probably have to relearn how to shoot the ball as he has now 1.5 years of messing with his shot that probably did more harm than good. And you have to admit that one of the reasons he was drafted high was because of his ability to create and score efficiently from almost everywhere on the floor.

But, on the other hand, I still want him for all of the other reasons he was drafted #1. The athleticism is still there. The defensive potential is still there. The passing ability is still there. The BBIQ is still there. He seems to have a good personality as his teammates all seem to like him. (Fans on the other hand seem to be turning on him, because who doesn't like to turn their ire on a player struggling with a long term injury that makes them less than what seems to have been promised? *cough*Grant Hill*cough*)

I also think he has looked worse than he might actually even be right now as Philly's line ups put him into situations that exasperate the situation instead of mitigating it. Most used line-up with Fultz- Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Covington. A guy that won't shoot a 3, a guy that shoots many 3s but at a bad percentage (Embiid shoots 4 a game at 30%), A guy who is 30% from the year and is no longer on the team, and another guy who was actually decent but is no longer on the team. And yet, most of the line ups he has been a part of have been positive, with his top 4 most used line ups all outscoring the opposing team. (at least per BB reference).

If Fultz recovers and gets to 80% of what he was supposed to be Philly won't trade him anyway!

9 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If Fultz recovers and gets to 80% of what he was supposed to be Philly won't trade him anyway!

That's why we need to strike now and let us take the risk on his recovery, if we wait and he does recover we won't be able to get him. We may have already missed the boat with them getting the diagnosis now, I can see Philly just waiting it out now to see how he responds.

16 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

That is why you take him now. You buy low and don't give up too much value.