The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I've also noticed that on RealGM, we have the perception of trash collectors.  Various posters proposed the trades that were made in this thread regarding the Wizards circumstances.  The Magic also have the perception of having players "rot"(e.g., the relevant Oladipo/Harris) or "waste their productivity/talents away" in Orlando.     In other words, our organization is always the problem for the players.  Not the players themselves. 

This is an organization where players come to DIE.  An NBA graveyard so to speak with no retired jerseys, no assured titles, assured early offseason, no national coverage, etc.  

There's...so much.......so much...damage to this organizations reputation around the country and worldwide.  It'll probably take 5 to 10 years to turn this scorched gas giant around with winning basketball.  

Hey.  At least Hezonja hasn't embarrassed us.  

------------------------

Let me be a tad bit optimistic.  We're in great position and haven't had a string of multiple blowouts.  We're remaining in seeding and have lost some games as well as a couple to the NBA.  

The next 10 are.  

@ Heat  

vs. Nuggets

vs. Pacers

@ Mavericks

@Bulls

@Jazz

vs. Spurs

@ Bulls

vs. Suns

vs. Raptors

If the Magic can somehow get Fournier a brain transplant, we should win 8 of 10 of these games.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ~O~ said:

I've also noticed that on RealGM, we have the perception of trash collectors.  Various posters proposed the trades that were made in this thread regarding the Wizards circumstances.  The Magic also have the perception of having players "rot"(e.g., the relevant Oladipo/Harris) or "waste their productivity/talents away" in Orlando.     In other words, our organization is always the problem for the players.  Not the players themselves. 

This is an organization where players come to DIE.  An NBA graveyard so to speak with no retired jerseys, no assured titles, assured early offseason, no national coverage, etc.  

There's...so much.......so much...damage to this organizations reputation around the country and worldwide.  It'll probably take 5 to 10 years to turn this scorched gas giant around with winning basketball.  

------------------------

Let me be a tad bit optimistic.  We're in great position and haven't had a string of multiple blowouts.  We're remaining in seeding and have lost some games as well as a couple to the NBA.  

The next 10 are.  

@ Heat  

vs. Nuggets

vs. Pacers

@ Mavericks

@Bulls

@Jazz

vs. Spurs

@ Bulls

vs. Suns

vs. Raptors

If the Magic can somehow get Fournier a brain transplant, we should win 8 of 10 of these games.  

I guess we could go 8-2 in those games, but to expect it is kind of crazy. The only teams that are definitely bad on there are the Bulls and Suns.

10 hours ago, ~O~ said:

I'd stay out of the situation entirely.   Let them go to other teams.  Let's not screw with what we have to become part of the fray. 

Yea.. I hear you. .. go for Bradley instead and get likely Kemba, Bledsoe, Teague, Rozier or Teague in Free agency. Maybe Rubio will work well next to him. 

14 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

14 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Am I the only one not seeing anything wrong with this play? I liked his aggressiveness. Early in the game and at home. There was no kick or contact after the dunk. 

10 hours ago, ~O~ said:

------------------------

The next 10 are.  

@ Heat  

vs. Nuggets

vs. Pacers

@ Mavericks

@Bulls

@Jazz

vs. Spurs

@ Bulls

vs. Suns

vs. Raptors

like it... We are playing well and should be nice to have back to back wins for a chance. and.... we still have plenty Hawks left :)

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yea.. I hear you. .. go for Bradley instead and get likely Kemba, Bledsoe, Teague, Rozier or Teague in Free agency. Maybe Rubio will work well next to him. 

If you get Beal you don't have the money in free agency most likely

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I guess we could go 8-2 in those games, but to expect it is kind of crazy. The only teams that are definitely bad on there are the Bulls and Suns.

Yea to go 8-2 in any stretch in the nba is hard. I’d love to go 8-2 but wouldn’t expect it nor be mad if we don’t achieve that. 

21 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If you score an all-star caliber player via trade isn't that as good as getting one through FA?

There’s not many all star PG’s besides Kemba too.

So our team desperately needs an alpha stand out leader, a big time scorer and a creator. Out of all the PGs that we've discussed that are possibilities either through trade before the deadline, or through FA in the off-season, who ticks all the boxes on their own? Cos I feel like if we get those 3 things sorted we are on our way to something. We don't have to have one guy fill all 3 voids but it will certainly help if they do.

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Plays like that are why Mario will always be my favorite bust of all time. 

He's not a bust. Just give him a year and he'll be the best player on a playoff team.

• Downvote 1