The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This is a difficult part of the schedule too. After the Portland game we play 12 out of our next 16 games against teams that are currently non-playoff teams. 

I'd give my left nut for a win at Portland, but I know it's not going to happen. They're one of the teams that wipes our back court out.

24 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I still agree that more laws should be in place to protect anyone in this spot. I know we have certain civil laws, but they quite often fall short.

Yes. I could extend that further too.  There's tons of gossip channels that show up on Youtube premium that feature these types of rumors.  Most of it is from vindictive women using men with their physical appearance.  

I still wouldn't be surprised if Dwight is actually gay.  Even before this entire situation.  I've always thought there was something awkward about him that made people question his manhood time and time again.  He's been a locker room cancer......but why?  What is it about him that killing teams.  It could be this and he's been protecting himself from someone finding out.  I thought we finally got the answer.  I guess we're still waiting for that official answer.  There has been some....minor consistencies that made me believe this instantly so yeah. 

I don't mind being wrong.  I was especially wrong about the Magic this season.  What else have I been wrong about?  Whatever I was wrong about.  I was wrong about Victor Oladipo.  Vucevic, I've been extremely wrong about now.   Erm.....still waiting to be wrong about Fournier.  Um....Utah being good I was wrong about that.  They're taking a fall.  I was wrong about the Warriors winnning it all in 2016 but i was right about the dynasty.  I was wrong about Terrence Ross.  He's not the choker he was in Toronto.  I wasn't wrong about Toronto in the playoffs though.  I expected the east to fail completely at beating Cleveland in the playoffs and they did but I was wrong about a couple of players.  Mainly Oladipo.  

• Downvote 1

Just now, ~O~ said:

Yes. I could extend that further too.  There's tons of gossip channels that show up on Youtube premium that feature these types of rumors.  Most of it is from vindictive women using men with their physical appearance.  

I still wouldn't be surprised if Dwight is actually gay.  Even before this entire situation.  I've always thought there was something awkward about him that made people question his manhood time and time again.  He's been a locker room cancer......but why?  What is it about him that killing teams.  It could be this and he's been protecting himself from someone finding out.  I thought we finally got the answer.  I guess we're still waiting for that official answer.  There has been some....minor consistencies that made me believe this instantly so yeah.  LOL.  

I don't mind being wrong.  I was especially wrong about the Magic this season.  What else have I been wrong about?  Whatever I was wrong about.  I was wrong about Victor Oladipo.  Vucevic, I've been extremely wrong about now.   Erm.....still waiting to be wrong about Fournier.  Um....Utah being good I was wrong about that.  They're taking a fall.  I was wrong about the Warriors winnning it all in 2016 but i was right about the dynasty.  I was wrong about Terrence Ross.  He's not the choker he was in Toronto.  I wasn't wrong about Toronto in the playoffs though.  I expected the east to fail completely at beating Cleveland in the playoffs and they did but I was wrong about a couple of players.  Mainly Oladipo.  

Nobody cares that you were wrong about something. We're all wrong about everything constantly. 

Just pointed out something I've noticed. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This is a difficult part of the schedule too. After the Portland game we play 12 out of our next 16 games against teams that are currently non-playoff teams. 

So as long as we continue to play how we have been the results of the rest of this road trip mean very little. Just gotta continue to do what we need to during these 5 ish game stretches. 

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So as long as we continue to play how we have been the results of the rest of this road trip mean very little. Just gotta continue to do what we need to during these 5 ish game stretches. 

That's kind of my point the other day when I said "don't freak out if we go 0-5 (Toronto through Portland)" because this was a tough stretch of 4 good teams (and one team we've beat recently playing away at an odd time). So it's 5 games that are all difficult and jumbled together followed by a stretch where we could reasonably go 10-6. 

But we won tonight so I don't see members freaking out if we lose to Portland and Golden State. 

I know it’s early and I am still a big fan but I am kind of concerned about Bamba. He hardly ever looks like he’s hustling or engaged. His skills will get better I just hope his motor gets better as he gets more comfortable. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Nobody cares that you were wrong about something. We're all wrong about everything constantly. 

Just pointed out something I've noticed. 

Well you cared enough to point it out so I admitted to things I've been wrong about.  I'll answer to things I've been wrong about.  I can man the ***** up and admit to be wrong.  I was born wrong as well as the 100 billion plus who ever existed.  It's a progression of life correctness through trial in the form of endless education.  STILL we can continue to be wrong with multiple honorary doctorate degrees behind it.  The prideful often can't say the words "I was wrong".  I say it all the damn time.  There's an inherent pleasure of self-righteousness in proving people wrong.  Its holier-than-thou; sanctimonious.  S

Some people have great shame in being wrong and they mask it. I've done it before.  lol.  "Uh oh".  Time to ramble on about something to avoid being wrong.  Time to manipulate statistics to prove I was more right than wrong.  Time to churn, spin, or scramble the premise of the point.  Time to change the subject entirely to something else that I'm right about.  Someone gives undeniable evidence about what I said on the contrary,  whelp, time to go into hiding since I was completely wrong. Most of your wives,  mothers, fathers, cousins, siblings,friends, and girlfriends have done this.  If they haven't and they said the words, she's probably a unicorn. 

I'm probably not the first to admit it but I'm human.  Not saying straight up that you're wrong when you truly were is a new age cowardice so when someone calls me out for being wrong, I'll say I was wrong.  The heavily educated have a tough time at it and I've seen it myself on these forums and various outlets.  Its refreshing for someone to say they were wrong but I won't them a hard time about it anymore as to not be a smug douche bag.  

5 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I know it’s early and I am still a big fan but I am kind of concerned about Bamba. He hardly ever looks like he’s hustling or engaged. His skills will get better I just hope his motor gets better as he gets more comfortable. 

Nah don't get worried about Bamba. This is what the typical young big man looks like. There's many examples of high quality centers with identical rookie seasons.

He'll have a stretch where he plays great coming up soon. He'll have a stretch sucking again after that. 

Worry if he looks like this next preseason. 

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

No we trade him for an upgrade at the PG position or we let him walk. You don't pay him.

Sign and trade or mid season. Letting him just walk would be tough one

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Sign and trade or mid season. Letting him just walk would be tough one

There's no incentive for a team to participate in a sign and trade anymore. 

I still don't trade him for a throw in. I'd rather lose him for nothing and make the playoffs then not make the playoffs but get another late first round pick to throw on the pile. 

He's not a restricted free agent so we're not going to resign him on a discount. We're going to have to pay market price for him. 

We traded JJ in a similar situation for Harris and stuff. We traded Ibaka in a similar situation for Ross and a late first. If vucevic is valuable we'll get something similar for him. If nobody is offering much for him he's not that valuable. 

If he's not that valuable we can't resign him and hope to trade him later. 

So we'll either trade him for something interesting this season or let him walk for nothing. 

1 hour ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I'd give my left nut for a win at Portland, but I know it's not going to happen. They're one of the teams that wipes our back court out.

Difficult match but ya never know. Our bench is better than theirs and the way Vooch..AG are playing if Evan steps up to we can do it