The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Our best game was when DJ was killing the Lakers. PG play is so important in today's game. Everyone else on the team looked so much more comfortable not having to create for themselves... Not gonna be a popular opinion but I say we grab Wall right now. We need an alpha at PG. I know he comes with some baggage but now is the time to grab him. 

2 hours ago, KRISH10 said:

Our best game was when DJ was killing the Lakers. PG play is so important in today's game. Everyone else on the team looked so much more comfortable not having to create for themselves... Not gonna be a popular opinion but I say we grab Wall right now. We need an alpha at PG. I know he comes with some baggage but now is the time to grab him. 

Yeah I mean it’s not the perfect situation with the money he’s owed but I wouldn’t be mad if we did.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah I mean it’s not the perfect situation with the money he’s gonna he owed but I wouldn’t be mad if we did.

From a chemistry perspective, it could be a disaster acquiring Wall. There are 10+ starting point guards that will be free agents this summer. I think I'd rather wait until then or acquire a cheaper option.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

From a chemistry perspective, it could be a disaster acquiring Wall. There are 10+ starting point guards that will be free agents this summer. I think I'd rather wait until then or acquire a cheaper option.

And a good majority of them are going to resign with their teams for bigger money and the ones that don’t, aren’t going to tip the scales.

Every year we talk about free agency to watch us get the 7th and 8th men. It’s going to be that again. 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

And a good majority of them are going to resign with their teams for bigger money and the ones that don’t, aren’t going to tip the scales.

Every year we talk about free agency to watch us get the 7th and 8th men. It’s going to be that again. 

What makes you think Wall would be good for this team? He can't fit in to our current play style and we don't really have the roster to play how he likes. 

You take that gamble and if it doesn't work you have limited ability to ever get better until he's no longer on the roster. 

There's better options for us. 

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What makes you think Wall would be good for this team? He can't fit in to our current play style and we don't really have the roster to play how he likes. 

You take that gamble and if it doesn't work you have limited ability to ever get better until he's no longer on the roster. 

There's better options for us. 

Why can’t he? 

Theres no better options. There’s better speculations. Not options.

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Why can’t he? 

I dont think Rozier, Teague, Bledsoe,Tyreke evans and Thomas will resign with ther  current respective teams. All this player, granted they are a not at the level of Wall, will be available for way less. There is also a possibility that Schroder might be available for trade at 15mil.per year. later this year. 

30 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Why can’t he? 

There's several better options. You're just not considering the consequences

24 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont think Rozier, Teague, Bledsoe,Tyreke evans and Thomas will resign with ther  current respective teams. All this player, granted they are a not at the level of Wall, will be available for way less. There is also a possibility that Schroder might be available for trade at 15mil.per year. later this year. 

Again, nothing that tips the scales. 

And possibility is an different way of saying speculation. 

59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's several better options. You're just not considering the consequences

I am I just know he’s an true option right now because he’s truly available. Rozier could be an option if Ainge wants to unload him but is he more of a bench player? At least with Wall I know I got an all star who can give us a creator for himself and others and defends. He’s also taken his team to the playoffs and played quite well in them.

40 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I am I just know he’s an true option right now because he’s truly available. Rozier could be an option if Ainge wants to unload him but is he more of a bench player? At least with Wall I know I got an all star who can give us a creator for himself and others and defends. He’s also taken his team to the playoffs and played quite well in them.

He also has an attitude problem, leadership problems, consistently underachieves, has never had an above average offensive efficiency season in his career, might be past his prime, and will be the highest paid player in the league. 

If Washington trades him this year they'll have to write him a check for $21 million due to his trade kicker. They won't have to if they wait until next summer.