The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

For Rozier trade questions:

1. He makes $3,050,390 which means the most money Boston can take back in a trade without including other players is 3,912,987.50

2. Everyone on Boston that makes salary filler money is extremely important to their rotation. The only players making more than Rozier are Hayward, Horford, Kyrie, smart, Tatum, Morris, brown, and baynes. So there's no Simmons to make salaries match. 

3. Baynes might be the least important guy but he has effectively a no-trade clause due to his contract type. 

4. You have to fit guys into the 15 man roster so if we just stacked up guys like Rozier, Yabusele, and Theis for Augustin we would have to waive two of our players to complete the trade. 

Wonder if they’d move Jaylen with Rozier in a deal? He’s been baaaaddd this year but still has a ton of potential

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Wonder if they’d move Jaylen with Rozier in a deal? He’s been baaaaddd this year but still has a ton of potential

Oh. 

Oh ****

Brown, Rozier, and Yabusele for Ross, a first, and Birch makes sense

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Oh. 

Oh ****

Holy cow that could work out well for everyone! Gives Boston another first to try to make a run at AD and it cleans up their current rotation!

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Oh. 

Oh ****

Awww **** man. I’m over here praying for this now.

I would only trade for Wall if we also can trade Fournier for a cheaper SG. Something like:

Wall for Mozgov and if necessary the OKC-Pick

Fournier for B. Bogdanovic

Wall/Augustin/Grant

Ross/Simmons/Bogdanovic

Isaac/Bogdanovic/Iwandu

Gordon/Isaac/Martin

Vuc/Bamba/Birch

Would hate to see one of my new favorite players, Ross go to the dark side but that return is amazing and worth it. Do you think Boston would be more interested in Ross/birch or vuc?

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Oh. 

Oh ****

I like this idea a lot for Boston. They're teetering on the line of "too many mouths to feed and not enough minutes" territory. Stevens is a phenomenal coach and I thought he would be able to figure out the rotation by this time but they look rough.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Would hate to see one of my new favorite players, Ross go to the dark side but that return is amazing and worth it. Do you think Boston would be more interested in Ross/birch or vuc?

You'd have to think they'd prefer Ross based on their issues, right?

Their issue is they have too many main options and not enough guys who excel coming off the bench. That trade let's them play Kyrie-Hayward-Tatum-Morris-Horford smart-Ross-ojeleye-baynes as their 9 and everything kind of works better. 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You'd have to think they'd prefer Ross based on their issues, right?

Their issue is they have too many main options and not enough guys who excel coming off the bench. That trade let's them play Kyrie-Hayward-Tatum-Morris-Horford smart-Ross-ojeleye-baynes as their 9 and everything kind of works better. 

That makes sense and Ross has proved that he is a legit career 6th man that knows how what to do in the role. He’d clear up the log jam nicely.

irving/smart

hayward/ross

Tatum/ojeleye

horford/Morris 

baynes/birch

Wait - I admit I haven't watched a ton of BOS this year, but why would BOS trade Brown for an expiring Ross and what could end up being a mid-teen pick? I get why they'd trade Rozier, but Brown looked like a player with serious upside last year. I'd think they could get better returns for Brown.

• Like 1