The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

In all of this Wall talk, I want to point out that the Magic are currently 5th in the NBA in assists per game. Per 100 possessions, we are 2nd.

I don't think we need Wall to generate offense. We probably just need a slight improvement over Augustin so that we could move Augustin down to the bench to run the Bench unit.

I'd rather take a new generation point guard in lonzo ball, Spencer dinwiddie, Kemba Walker, or D'Angelo Russell than touch wall or Beal.  Screw that.  

1 minute ago, Odin said:

In all of this Wall talk, I want to point out that the Magic are currently 5th in the NBA in assists per game. Per 100 possessions, we are 2nd.

I don't think we need Wall to generate offense. We probably just need a slight improvement over Augustin so that we could move Augustin down to the bench to run the Bench unit.

This is very true, our selfless play lately has been really nice to watch. The ball barely touches the floor but Wall could get to the rim, draw fouls which is something haven't been good at in how long now? Wall's contract is just so rough that I wouldn't be upset if we didn't make a push for him.

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Your ideal realistic PG for us moving forward who would you want?

There really isn't an ideal option as I assume kemba isn't realistic. 

Everyone has a flaw. I just wonder if someone like dinwiddie at 4/60 can make you good enough that the gap between him and Wall isn't 4/110 million wide. 

8 minutes ago, Odin said:

We do need what wall does in fourth quarters. 

We would benefit from a good passer on the court. 

Not a great use of resources though

I concur, we need a young point to grow with our core. We are looking pretty good as of late. We need to focus on our rebounds. I can’t understand why we are losing the battle of the boards with all the length we have.

If we can't get a real star PG I'd be happy paying a solid starter decent money for like 2 years of steady play and leadership. Like a Darren Collison or someone like that.

• Downvote 1

Just now, ~O~ said:

I'd rather take a new generation point guard in lonzo ball, Spencer dinwiddie, Kemba Walker, or D'Angelo Russell than touch wall or Beal.  Screw that.  

Lol, since when was Kemba a new generation PG? He is the same age as Wall.

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There really isn't an ideal option as I assume kemba isn't realistic. 

Everyone has a flaw. I just wonder if someone like dinwiddie at 4/60 can make you good enough that the gap between him and Wall isn't 4/110 million wide. 

I think Kemba becomes realistic if we make the playoffs this season. Add him to that core and we are in excellent shape.

Guess we need to sit tight 

Also, don't fall for the "John Wall is actually bad" discussion. He's good. He's just probably the 18th best player in the league but being paid like he's LeBron. If he was making Mike Conley money it'd be easier to reckon with his poor leadership and locker room issues. 

said Evan Fournier, a teammate of Vucevic’s for five seasons. ``He’s the focal point of our offense and we run a lot of sets through him. With pick-and-rolls, hand-offs and post-ups, he’s the only inside guy that we have, and we want to play inside-out. He has the ball a lot, he makes good decisions and he’s making threes right now. So, perfecto!’’

Only inside guy? Bamba no? Bit weird... maybe he just meant as in ready to play that way