The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

If we sign Vuc to a 3 or 4 year deal at market rate (based on how he is playing so far this season) and then he goes back to the Vuc we've known the past few years then he will be untradeable and we'll have a lot of money tied up.

32 minutes ago, The Boss said:

If we sign Vuc to a 3 or 4 year deal at market rate (based on how he is playing so far this season) and then he goes back to the Vuc we've known the past few years then he will be untradeable and we'll have a lot of money tied up.

Plus I'm not sure the logic holds up where we'd be able to sign him to a good contract that also makes him tradable for something valuable in the future. Everyone will have money. If he's worth something valuable, another team will outbid us. If nobody outbids us, why would someone trade us something for him?

48 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Plus I'm not sure the logic holds up where we'd be able to sign him to a good contract that also makes him tradable for something valuable in the future. Everyone will have money. If he's worth something valuable, another team will outbid us. If nobody outbids us, why would someone trade us something for him?

Your making an argument for trading him now before the market decides his worth and his value is at an all time high now. It may hurt this year or not. Depends on who is coming back. 

14 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Your making an argument for trading him now before the market decides his worth and his value is at an all time high now. It may hurt this year or not. Depends on who is coming back. 

Depends on the return and how we're performing. If all we're getting is the 27 pick I'd rather just try to make the playoffs and lose him for nothing

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Depends on the return and how we're performing. If all we're getting is the 27 pick I'd rather just try to make the playoffs and lose him for nothing

I don’t think we get much unless there’s a team that sees him as the missing piece for a championship and is willing to sell part of their future to win now. With it being the last year of his contract, the only teams that will probably take him are teams that want to shed salary or teams that are in the playoff picture. I don’t think the return will be worth it.

The decision on whether to sign him in the offseason will depend on how Bamba improves and what his value is in free agency. I don’t think we can answer that question right now. If he plays up to that contract by year two, and we think Bamba is ready, that’s when the decision for a trade would be made.

There’s a risk involved no matter what happens. To me, maintaining development and consistency is most important right now. I wouldn’t be willing to shake up too much until we get closer to the trade deadline, when we will have a clearer picture of what this team is.

56 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I don’t think we get much unless there’s a team that sees him as the missing piece for a championship and is willing to sell part of their future to win now. With it being the last year of his contract, the only teams that will probably take him are teams that want to shed salary or teams that are in the playoff picture. I don’t think the return will be worth it.

The decision on whether to sign him in the offseason will depend on how Bamba improves and what his value is in free agency. I don’t think we can answer that question right now. If he plays up to that contract by year two, and we think Bamba is ready, that’s when the decision for a trade would be made.

There’s a risk involved no matter what happens. To me, maintaining development and consistency is most important right now. I wouldn’t be willing to shake up too much until we get closer to the trade deadline, when we will have a clearer picture of what this team is.

Bamba is the future now or later. We have birch and can fill in. Sell high on vuch, kantor is abusing him tonight,  and we all know who vuch is. He will come back to the mean, I’d rather he do it for someone else. 

If the 27th pick is the best we can do oh well take it. But you can package Simmons or Fournier to get more. 

• Downvote 1

Ball has been stinking it up lately. Last 5 he's averaging 5 pts and 5 asts shooting 23% from 3, 24% from the field.

Realistic target?

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Bamba is the future now or later. We have birch and can fill in. Sell high on vuch, kantor is abusing him tonight,  and we all know who vuch is. He will come back to the mean, I’d rather he do it for someone else. 

If the 27th pick is the best we can do oh well take it. But you can package Simmons or Fournier to get more. 

But even if he is what he is, he’s still better than Bamba at this point and we really don’t know that Bamba will turn out the way we hope. Right now, Bamba hurts the team if he’s out starting center. He likely can’t even get to starter minutes because he’d probably foul out by then. Letting go of Vuc to let go of Vuc is the kind of move that made this team so bad for so long.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

But even if he is what he is, he’s still better than Bamba at this point and we really don’t know that Bamba will turn out the way we hope. Right now, Bamba hurts the team if he’s out starting center. He likely can’t even get to starter minutes because he’d probably foul out by then. Letting go of Vuc to let go of Vuc is the kind of move that made this team so bad for so long.

I’d rather get something than nothing at end of year. And your gonna get more now than later, chances are. And you might be able to dump Simmons or Fournier with him. We r not going win a chip this year. And I think we could make the playoffs without him depending on what we get back and a bigger role for Gordon and Isaac and Ross will fill the offensive gap left by vuc. 

27 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’d rather get something than nothing at end of year. And your gonna get more now than later, chances are. And you might be able to dump Simmons or Fournier with him. We r not going win a chip this year. And I think we could make the playoffs without him depending on what we get back and a bigger role for Gordon and Isaac and Ross will fill the offensive gap left by vuc. 

Maybe. Let’s see how Isaac heals and what the wings can do. I still don’t think Bamba will be ready and missing a starting center will hurt us. I wouldn’t mind losing Fournier or Simmons if it gives a good PG, but I just think we don’t have the personnel right now to afford losing Vuc and still be competitive.

• Upvote 1