The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

As of right now, the 2nd to last team in the west is 7-9.  The west is extremely stacked this season and this is  going to be a clawing match 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

2 solid games in a row. But he's never that far from his last 12 points on 33% shooting game. Don't think anything he's done should change Brooklyn's perception of him anymore than Augustin's game tonight should change our perception of him. 

I get inconsistencies are still there. But he’s now averaging 17/6 shooting 40% from 3.  Couple weeks ago he was almost out of the rotation. 

I would think they have to like what he’s doing.

I’d really love to trade for him if he’s available. 

4 hours ago, KRISH10 said:

What kills me about VUC is that we all knew it was an effort problem with him. His first 2 seasons he was playing pretty good D and grabbing a lot of boards and the last couple of seasons it was a layup drill over him. 

I know were winning and that's great but I still say you trade him while his stock is at an all time high. Its going to be almost impossible to keep Bamba out of the starting lineup soon and VUC will never accept a bench role on this team 

Bamba just had a game where he collected 5 fouls in 11 minutes without scoring or grabbing a rebound. There is no reason to rush him into a starting role. 

2 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Bamba just had a game where he collected 5 fouls in 11 minutes without scoring or grabbing a rebound. There is no reason to rush him into a starting role. 

Yea but Vuch is gonna want, what, a 4 year deal? So is Bamba not starting for 4 years? 

I agree he’s not ready now. But a year from now he should be. 

I love what Vuch is doing. I love how we’re playing. But I don’t think Vuch is here long term and I think if we could strike while the iron is hot it would make sense. 

But I also think now that we’re finally winning if we traded Vuch (in a move that sets us up better for the future)and started losing people would freak out. 

4 hours ago, KRISH10 said:

What kills me about VUC is that we all knew it was an effort problem with him. His first 2 seasons he was playing pretty good D and grabbing a lot of boards and the last couple of seasons it was a layup drill over him. 

I know were winning and that's great but I still say you trade him while his stock is at an all time high. Its going to be almost impossible to keep Bamba out of the starting lineup soon and VUC will never accept a bench role on this team.

Agreed, also Zaza Puchilia and Timothy Mozgov have been the starting centers of the past few NBA championship teams. Don't need a good center to win in this league today. If we can get anything of value for him we should take it in a heart beat. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea but Vuch is gonna want, what, a 4 year deal? So is Bamba not starting for 4 years? 

I agree he’s not ready now. But a year from now he should be. 

I love what Vuch is doing. I love how we’re playing. But I don’t think Vuch is here long term and I think if we could strike while the iron is hot it would make sense. 

But I also think now that we’re finally winning if we traded Vuch (in a move that sets us up better for the future)and started losing people would freak out. 

If Bamba isn’t ready now, we’re throwing the progress of this season away by trading Vuc. I think it would hurt the team as that would be two of five positions where we don’t have a starting caliber player.

It’d have to be worth it both this season and moving forward to trade Vuc. We really don’t know how long it will take Bamba to be ready, but if it’s sooner rather than later, we can always trade Vuc if he’s still on a long term deal and we can’t work out a reasonable way to keep both.

10 minutes ago, pennytoshaq22 said:

Agreed, also Zaza Puchilia and Timothy Mozgov have been the starting centers of the past few NBA championship teams. Don't need a good center to win in this league today. If we can get anything of value for him we should take it in a heart beat. 

Both of those teams had multiple superstars.

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

I get inconsistencies are still there. But he’s now averaging 17/6 shooting 40% from 3.  Couple weeks ago he was almost out of the rotation. 

I would think they have to like what he’s doing.

I’d really love to trade for him if he’s available. 

Maybe I'm just being too hard on him but I anticipate his shooting to fall back down to 35%

Guys this is hypothetical but say if for instance Vooch is now becoming the player we always wanted. We make the playoffs convincingly etc.

Would you keep vooch ...trade Bamba and our pick for RJ Barrett or Zion?

So say Bamba and 16 for RJ/Zion?

7 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Guys this is hypothetical but say if for instance Vooch is now becoming the player we always wanted. We make the playoffs convincingly etc.

Would you keep vooch ...trade Bamba and our pick for RJ Barrett or Zion?

So say Bamba and 16 for RJ/Zion?

Nobody is trading a guaranteed top 2 pick for Bamba. 

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Maybe I'm just being too hard on him but I anticipate his shooting to fall back down to 35%

Hopefully the nets feel this way too and will trade him.