The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

He’s playing pretty well. 

2 solid games in a row. But he's never that far from his last 12 points on 33% shooting game. Don't think anything he's done should change Brooklyn's perception of him anymore than Augustin's game tonight should change our perception of him. 

What kills me about VUC is that we all knew it was an effort problem with him. His first 2 seasons he was playing pretty good D and grabbing a lot of boards and the last couple of seasons it was a layup drill over him. 

I know were winning and that's great but I still say you trade him while his stock is at an all time high. Its going to be almost impossible to keep Bamba out of the starting lineup soon and VUC will never accept a bench role on this team 

1 hour ago, KRISH10 said:

What kills me about VUC is that we all knew it was an effort problem with him. His first 2 seasons he was playing pretty good D and grabbing a lot of boards and the last couple of seasons it was a layup drill over him. 

I know were winning and that's great but I still say you trade him while his stock is at an all time high. Its going to be almost impossible to keep Bamba out of the starting lineup soon and VUC will never accept a bench role on this team 

Still depends on the offer. I'm not trading him unless we get a top 15 pick or a long term rotation player that fits our philosophy. 

Let him walk for nothing in the summer but let's make the playoffs this year

The Vucevic situation is tough because he is legitimately incredible right now. Maybe it took a decent coach to unlock him since he's never looked this good but it does smell of contract year play. If he balls out and makes the all-star team and we're in the playoffs--I'd see if we could give him a 3 year deal so that he expires when Bamba's extension is on the table.

As for Kemba, he's getting the full max and will be courted hard. I know he likes Clifford but I don't see a shot at us getting him even if we're in the playoffs and there's a very good chance he just stays in Charlotte. Dinwiddie strikes me as the cheaper and more realistic goal.

I would also be looking at trading Fournier, this year's 1st (if we're not picking in the Top 10) and the OKC 1st for someone like Beal if the Wizards continue to suck.

6 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

The Vucevic situation is tough because he is legitimately incredible right now. Maybe it took a decent coach to unlock him since he's never looked this good but it does smell of contract year play. If he balls out and makes the all-star team and we're in the playoffs--I'd see if we could give him a 3 year deal so that he expires when Bamba's extension is on the table.

As for Kemba, he's getting the full max and will be courted hard. I know he likes Clifford but I don't see a shot at us getting him even if we're in the playoffs. Dinwiddie strikes me as the cheaper and more realistic goal.

I would also be looking at trading Fournier, this year's 1st (if we're not picking in the Top 10) and the OKC 1st for someone like Beal if the Wizards continue to suck.

It'd be a mistake to resign vucevic. In a perfect world where we have unlimited money, sure, resign him. But it's a misallocation of resources to pay him and leave other positions lacking when you have a viable replacement already on the roster and solid backups are perpetually available for cheap. 

If we somehow find a good point guard through other means and Fournier gets his shot back and continues to improve on defense and we have real questions in June about Bamba's ability to be an NBA player then fine, resign vucevic. But odds are Bamba will be ready and we could use vucevic's money elsewhere. 

• Like 1