The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

The one issue in extending Ross now is he can only get 120% of this year's contract. So the next contract would start at $12,600,000 year 1. 

While that's pretty much what I'd want to pay him, I can see why he wouldn't want to commit to that now. 

10 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Was he or the rim blocking it? I see his arm gets pushed way backwards, and there is not a clear shot of his hand blocking it.

He blocked it. The momentum carrying embiid into the rim is irrelevant

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Nope. We can extend him. Rookie scale contracts operate by a different set of rules

Thanks, that is why a "capologist" is so important.  If I read thru all the jibberish and understand it all we can extend him for 175% of his current deal or the average NBA contract,  I would assume 175% is greater or about $18 million/year?  I assume 4 years.  I would do that and work to move Fournier's contract off the books.

9 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Thanks, that is why a "capologist" is so important.  If I read thru all the jibberish and understand it all we can extend him for 175% of his current deal or the average NBA contract,  I would assume 175% is greater or about $18 million/year?  I assume 4 years.  I would do that and work to move Fournier's contract off the books.

It's 120% not 175%

Just now, ?4thewin said:

It's 120% not 175%

Thanks.  Trying to read the NBA salary rules online requires a law degree plus!!!  I thought he would be early Bird exception rule which is 175% while non-Bird is 120%.  Anyway the way he is playing I would not go 120% if I were him, he can get much more if he keeps it up.

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Thanks.  Trying to read the NBA salary rules online requires a law degree plus!!!  I thought he would be early Bird exception rule which is 175% while non-Bird is 120%.  Anyway the way he is playing I would not go 120% if I were him, he can get much more if he keeps it up.

We have his full bird rights but you're looking at new contract values, not extension values. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Was he or the rim blocking it? I see his arm gets pushed way backwards, and there is not a clear shot of his hand blocking it.

block of the year easily.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

block of the year easily.

It’s interesting because the league didn’t award Issac a block lastnight. The magic had to appeal it with the league today and they awarded him a block after the review. 

He for sure blocked it. It’s just Embid is so damn huge and powerful he just kind of took issacs arm to the rim with the ball. He still clearly was the reason Embid didn’t get that dunk. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s interesting because the league didn’t award Issac a block lastnight. The magic had to appeal it with the league today and they awarded him a block after the review. 

He for sure blocked it. It’s just Embid is so damn huge and powerful he just kind of took issacs arm to the rim with the ball. He still clearly was the reason Embid didn’t get that dunk. 

Can't believe it wasn't initially called a block, he clearly hit the ball and caused him to fall short on the certain dunk. It's funny that also on twitter people saying the rim blocked him, I think maybe it's just funnier for them if they say that.

Whatever, it was an incredible block and we probably don't go on to win without it. If Embiid threw down that monster dunk on him imagine the momentum and confidence Philly would have got from it, instead JI saved 2 points and gave us a huge confidence boost and allowed our momentum to continue with the huge 3 pointer down the other end, 5 point play!

• Like 1