The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Great comeback last night. TRoss is lit right now!!! Will JI ever be off minute restrictions? He can put us over the top on making playoffs or not IF he can stay healthy. When he puts the ball on the floor it looks SMOOTH!  I have wanted vooch to be gone for awhile but the way he is playing this year has changed my mind. Evan on the other hand well. Dumpster fire comes to mind. AG is the over all player we need and will be an all star multiple times. 

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Great comeback last night. TRoss is lit right now!!! Will JI ever be off minute restrictions? He can put us over the top on making playoffs or not IF he can stay healthy. When he puts the ball on the floor it looks SMOOTH!  I have wanted vooch to be gone for awhile but the way he is playing this year has changed my mind. Evan on the other hand well. Dumpster fire comes to mind. AG is the over all player we need and will be an all star multiple times. 

Agree with all, but I think gordon should be our 2nd guy, not the star of the team. 

I think he would be the one who will benefits the most from having a top alpha dog scorer on the lineup.

When guys come back from injury after missing several games the worst thing you can do is throw them back in to a full work load. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

When guys come back from injury after missing several games the worst thing you can do is throw them back in to a full work load. 

I realize that.  I’m talking about ever, he has a total of ten games over 23 minutes played. None over 30. 

16 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Clifford clearly a better coach than Vogel too. 

True

10 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Not to mention that guys like Gordon and Bamba would benefit greatly from playoff experience 

and true

I realize that.  I’m talking about ever, he has a total of ten games over 23 minutes played. None over 30. 

Well the first 2 games this year he was in foul trouble. 

Then the next 3 games he averaged 28 mpg

Then we were blown out against Milwaukee so he didn't play much. 

Then he played 25 minutes against Sacramento

Then he was hurt.

Last year he was a rookie and we were trying to win games. 

12 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

And this is out of a possible 97 games. 

I don't think it's that weird. Zach Collins has played 30 minutes once. Same with Malik monk. Cj McCollum played 30+ minutes only 3 times in his first 2 years. 

Isaac played 30 minutes against Portland btw. 

So far...... it looks like we have the right coach. Clifford appears to be utilizing Vuc the right way and truly playing to our strengths; it doesn’t hurt that we’re shooting better. Will we bring Vuc back? He is a big reason why we are starting to create an identity. I think with a point guard upgrade we have a very solid young core. 

17 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

So far...... it looks like we have the right coach. Clifford appears to be utilizing Vuc the right way and truly playing to our strengths; it doesn’t hurt that we’re shooting better. Will we bring Vuc back? He is a big reason why we are starting to create an identity. I think with a point guard upgrade we have a very solid young core. 

I don’t think vuch is going anywhere unless a really good offer presents itself. I know everyone (including me) has dumped on vuch in the past but this season is nothing without him.

He, like Ross, loves Orlando too. It’s nice having guys play here that truly love playing here. 

Its also worth noting if we could make the playoffs this year—that goes a long way in convincing other players to sign here. 

“Hey we made the playoffs but with you we could.....” 

On 11/14/2018 at 8:31 AM, WarDamnMagic said:

I think we try to extend him before the trade deadline and offer him whatever we feel comfortable paying him. That way if he rejects it we would hopefully get a better idea of what his plans are and could start fielding offers for him if it feels like hes going to leave. 

I was under the impression that the extension had to be done before the season started and now it cannot be done and T. Ross will now be an unrestricted FA.  So we are faced with trading him before the deadline or waiting to try to resign him after July 1st.  So it becomes a "will he, won't he" resign but you can only speculate.  That is the hard part.  My hope is that he likes it here and he resigns.  

10 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I was under the impression that the extension had to be done before the season started and now it cannot be done and T. Ross will now be an unrestricted FA.  So we are faced with trading him before the deadline or waiting to try to resign him after July 1st.  So it becomes a "will he, won't he" resign but you can only speculate.  That is the hard part.  My hope is that he likes it here and he resigns.  

Nope. We can extend him. Rookie scale contracts operate by a different set of rules