The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

Hmm. Gut reaction is that we seem to be getting the slightly worse end of that deal- which probably means that it is fair.

Breaking it down, Fournier is still young, but Fultz is obviously younger with higher potential. Chandler would add extra cap space going into next year. Fournier is currently better and would be the perfect offensive player for Philly to acquire. We are probably not hurt too much by this though with how Ross has been playing. Fultz fits our timeline, and has the potential to be good even if he does not re-find his shot.

He is shooting 31% so far this year from 3 (ok, he has only taken 13 and made 4 so super small sample size), but that suggests that it isn't as broken as people seem to make it out as. Also, he is already pretty good around the rim, finishing 65% within 3 feet so far in his career (both this year and last year)- that is something young guards often struggle with. (Some examples for reference: Kemba has never even passed 60%, Curry didn't until his 6th year, Oladipo didn't until last year, Iving didn't until last year, Rondo only hit that mark once, in his 4th year, CP3 didn't until his 8th year).

I think I might actually be pretty excited if we swung a trade for him. 

I like that around the rim analysis. That’s pretty impressive I didn’t know that about him

1 minute ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I like that around the rim analysis. That’s pretty impressive I didn’t know that about him

It is only on 87 shots in his career so far, which is a decently small sample size. But it is not nothing.

7 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

If we could flip J. Simmons with Augustin I would give them also the OKC-Pick.

I like Simmons, but Augustin is probably more beneficial to our team. His shooting is really helpful.

Edit: I just learned that D.J. Augustin's middle name doesn't even start with a J. His name is Darryl Gerard Augustin. I feel like I have been lied to.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Not bad at all man. With the emergence of Ross it makes fournier kind of expendable if we can in fact extend him. I’d be board since chances are we’ll be drafting a shooting guard in the lottery to play with Ross. Wilson chandler will be a nice vet for us too and could take Isaac under his wing. I really like fourniers fit with philly too. Much better than Korver who I heard Cleveland is trying to shop

Yeah. You do this anymore commit to Ross either as a starter or as a 6th man and if Fultz sucked you still have max contract space to throw around in the summer

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. You do this anymore commit to Ross either as a starter or as a 6th man and if Fultz sucked you still have max contract space to throw around in the summer

I know it won’t happen but it would be pretty sweet to steal jalen brown from the Celtics 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The dudes got ups! Looks pretty strong too. You know how sometimes a trade happens between teams after they play each other almost like an audition? I hope that’s what is happening here. Need a big game from Simmons and fournier tonight

I think I like our chances tonight.  They're in the honeymoon phase where guys will defer to each other to be nice.  No real chemistry yet.  Depth took a hit in the trade.  No home crowd to give them a boost.

Fultz' shooting problems seem like a confidence issue more than anything. 6ers are in win now mode so they could still be extremely active in the trade market up until February. I wanted Fultz as soon as his market value dropped because of the injury. Would be very excited to see what he could become here with extended minutes. At worst it alleviates our glaring weakness in the back court a bit. At best we get a future star. We can only dream.