The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Minutes restriction and with the reserves. But better than nothing. 

Is he with the reserves?

If so, that's good. I like our starting lineup as is until Isaac shakes the rust off. Plus Ross-Isaac-Bamba lineups

After Ross4TheWin mentioned how important this game is I thought a bit more about how much this game could mean to a lot of our guys. As a team the national exposure could surely change the narrative surrounding our team even with a loss so long as we play well. Individually so far in this young season I think Ross has a real shot at 6th man of the year and playing well tonight can support that case later this year. Although unlikely Gordon may be fringe All-Star and having a good game can help him as well. All in all winning this game would give our guys some national respect that we haven't had in 6 years! 

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

After Ross4TheWin mentioned how important this game is I thought a bit more about how much this game could mean to a lot of our guys. As a team the national exposure could surely change the narrative surrounding our team even with a loss so long as we play well. Individually so far in this young season I think Ross has a real shot at 6th man of the year and playing well tonight can support that case later this year. Although unlikely Gordon may be fringe All-Star and having a good game can help him as well. All in all winning this game would give our guys some national respect that we haven't had in 6 years! 

Yeah. A lot of assumptions of our team will be made exclusively off this one game. It's going to kill me if we have a bad game and have to hear about that for a while. 

58 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Is he with the reserves?

If so, that's good. I like our starting lineup as is until Isaac shakes the rust off. Plus Ross-Isaac-Bamba lineups

Yea Robinson posted on twitter he’s with reserves and minute restriction. 

It's important to see if Gordon keeps playing the team ball he has been during this stretch or if he tries to force things going against other young stars

24 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

https://hoopshabit.com/2018/11/14/orlando-magic-should-inquire-markelle-fultz/

Maybe we wont even have to give up a draft pick? Getting chandler would be a good get for us too with his expiring contract.

I don't know how I feel about that which probably means it's a good trade

I initially thought it was terrible because it'd make us start losing games. But Fultz-Ross-Isaac-Gordon-vucevic Augustin-Grant-iwundu-Chandler-Bamba isn't a bad 10. 

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know how I feel about that which probably means it's a good trade

Hmm. Gut reaction is that we seem to be getting the slightly worse end of that deal- which probably means that it is fair.

Breaking it down, Fournier is still young, but Fultz is obviously younger with higher potential. Chandler would add extra cap space going into next year. Fournier is currently better and would be the perfect offensive player for Philly to acquire. We are probably not hurt too much by this though with how Ross has been playing. Fultz fits our timeline, and has the potential to be good even if he does not re-find his shot.

He is shooting 31% so far this year from 3 (ok, he has only taken 13 and made 4 so super small sample size), but that suggests that it isn't as broken as people seem to make it out as. Also, he is already pretty good around the rim, finishing 65% within 3 feet so far in his career (both this year and last year)- that is something young guards often struggle with. (Some examples for reference: Kemba has never even passed 60%, Curry didn't until his 6th year, Oladipo didn't until last year, Iving didn't until last year, Rondo only hit that mark once, in his 4th year, CP3 didn't until his 8th year).

I think I might actually be pretty excited if we swung a trade for him. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I initially thought it was terrible because it'd make us start losing games. But Fultz-Ross-Isaac-Gordon-vucevic Augustin-Grant-iwundu-Chandler-Bamba isn't a bad 10. 

Not bad at all man. With the emergence of Ross it makes fournier kind of expendable if we can in fact extend him. I’d be board since chances are we’ll be drafting a shooting guard in the lottery to play with Ross. Wilson chandler will be a nice vet for us too and could take Isaac under his wing. I really like fourniers fit with philly too. Much better than Korver who I heard Cleveland is trying to shop