The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Man, Ross is the leader of this team right now... I wouldn’t trade him. Trading him might cause a rift in the team.

I would not either and I love his game and would not trade him unless we know we cannot resign him.  The way he is playing right now he will have his pick as to where he will go at the end of the year.  That is the hard decision, does Ross want to come back here?  If he wants to win immediately then I think he will be gone.  Supposedly Hezonja said he wanted to come back and we saw how that worked out.  I would hate to see him walk and we get nothing in return.

Ross has been playing good but to say you wouldn’t trade him now when his value might never be higher is going a little far.

It’s all about return. Any move makes sense for the right return.

14 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I would not either and I love his game and would not trade him unless we know we cannot resign him.  The way he is playing right now he will have his pick as to where he will go at the end of the year.  That is the hard decision, does Ross want to come back here?  If he wants to win immediately then I think he will be gone.  Supposedly Hezonja said he wanted to come back and we saw how that worked out.  I would hate to see him walk and we get nothing in return.

Agreed. The way he interacts with the team and has embraced being the leader makes me think he will stay. Seems to have that alpha personality. Some guys love being the leader (something we haven’t had since jameer). If he goes to most of these teams that are contenders right now he probably wont be viewed by his teammates the same way he is now by our young guys. I think he signs an extension. 

21 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Ross has been playing good but to say you wouldn’t trade him now when his value might never be higher is going a little far.

It’s all about return. Any move makes sense for the right return.

I think to trade Ross we need to return an impact player. Ross has literally held our bench together. If the guy we bring back also brings back the hope of this and that I'd pass. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t see Ross as our leader, but he’s been really good. Would love to keep him on a reasonable deal. Meanwhile, Simmons...

I dunno. He does all the leadership things with the team. Your leader doesn't have to be your best player

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I dunno. He does all the leadership things with the team. Your leader doesn't have to be your best player

I'll say in the least he has the respect of our young guys. We have never heard of anyone else holding a team meeting even with all the losing we have done. You have to have a certain amount of respect to call and implement a team meeting.

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah like when Isaac and Wes were drafted they said the first teammate that reached out to get to know them was Ross