The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Gordon MVP said:

At least the opposing D can’t sag off Augustine on the 3. I just don’t think he provides what we need. 

I like taking a risk on Fultz more than the risk of the much heavier investment of trading for Rozier. Rozier has potential to be a Otto Porter type of regret with the huge money offers he will garner from teams like Phoenix in the off season (don't get me wrong though I really like Rozier but his contract situation scares me). Fultz at least fits our timeline, has as much potential as anyone, and is on his rookie deal.

10 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

At least the opposing D can’t sag off Augustine on the 3. And then we’re gonna go back to poor offensive spacing.  I just don’t think he provides what we need. 

I mean that's fine. It's not wrong. 

I just think we're looking at things like Payton providing bad spacing and thinking Payton was the cause of the bad spacing when it was multiple bad shooters together. But it's not really like that anymore. 

Like Payton-oladipo-Harris-Gordon-vucevic is a great shooting lineup today.

And our projected lineups could handle that too though it does require projecting Isaac to be a good shooter 

I still wish we had been able to draft Fox. He’s young, determined and has learned to shoot. Numbers are killer this year. Soul has point guard envy at every turn. 

I really need us to play our A game tomorrow night. One of the few times a large group of the greater basketball society will be watching our entire game and I want them to see us at our best. I'm tired of uninformed magic discussion by national writers. Today I read "vucevic's shot doesn't really go beyond the three point line". 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

That's because you're falling for the spectacle of being flabbergasted at Fultz looking like x in college but now looks like y!

Ignore the ugly shot that comes and goes. A miss is a miss regardless. Assume he can't shoot and will never be able to shoot. If he showed up on our team tomorrow he'd still be a great athlete, a good passer, a good defender with size to defend 3 positions, and a guy that can live at the rim. He's basically young rondo. 

Gotta think it is all in his head and a change of scenery may correct that.  50% shooter and 41% three point shooter in college.  His numbers similar to Wade and Harden in college.  Had every intangible that DraftExpress was looking for.  Would love to see the Magic give him a try even though I think it is improbable.

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

Gotta think it is all in his head and a change of scenery may correct that.  50% shooter and 41% three point shooter in college.  His numbers similar to Wade and Harden in college.  Had every intangible that DraftExpress was looking for.  Would love to see the Magic give him a try even though I think it is improbable.

Yeah. I'm interested in buying low on talent more than anything. 

I do understand why someone would make shooting a requirement though. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. I'm interested in buying low on talent more than anything. 

I do understand why someone would make shooting a requirement though. 

I do too.  Something tells me he is going to get over this and develop or be developed.  I think the risk (if I read it correctly) of getting a former #1pick for the rest of this year (about $7 million) with a team option next year is worth a try.  Every pundit had All Star written all over him.  Just looks like he is in a bad situation in Philly.  Unless there is soemthing else there we do not know about. (attitude, injury, etc)

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I do too.  Something tells me he is going to get over this and develop or be developed.  I think the risk (if I read it correctly) of getting a former #1pick for the rest of this year (about $7 million) with a team option next year is worth a try.  Every pundit had All Star written all over him.  Just looks like he is in a bad situation in Philly.  Unless there is soemthing else there we do not know about. (attitude, injury, etc)

His team option is already picked up

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

I think they are so focused on getting to the finals (especially now they have butler) that he is getting neglected and not getting the attention he needs to develop 

5 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I think they are so focused on getting to the finals (especially now they have butler) that he is getting neglected and not getting the attention he needs to develop 

It's not even that he's being neglected. It's that he's incompatible with Simmons and he's about to be neglected

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not even that he's being neglected. It's that he's incompatible with Simmons and he's about to be neglected

And he’s soon to be more neglected with Butler. 

14 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Totally agree with you and ?4thewin followup.  Just think it is worth the risk as long as Philly does not ask for the moon.  Might even get Fultz4thewin.  lol.