The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

This team drastically needs a go to scorer in the back court. Would make 10+ win difference for this team.

Hate to say it but maybe get Melo on the one year flyer?  Could show other elite players the difference of having an elite scorer here. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. Remember his predraft thing was he couldn't play very long due to asthma but I've never heard that brought up again

Where did that even come from? If I remember correctly he didnt give us his medicals.

I just want him to pan out so I can stop hating that we drafted him in the first place.  

I have to say, I have liked clifford so far.

Yes, it's 15 games and we have a negative record.

But I watch them playing and they look more focused, moving the ball well, there are marked improvements from several guys (vuc, ross and gordon) and the defensive intensity is there in some games. And he seems to hold them accountable.

My only complain so far is that he just seems to take the hot guy out of the court too soon. I am not sure they are so tired that they need to go out. I have seen this behaviour a couple of games in a row, where someone like ross (yesterday) has 12 points in 8 minutes in the second quarter, and he is the only one of the bench who gets replaced, while sticking with simmons who ends up playing 27 minutes in a night his shot (and overall game) was totally off. 

clifford does not ride the hot hand. 

28 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Where did that even come from? If I remember correctly he didnt give us his medicals.

I just want him to pan out so I can stop hating that we drafted him in the first place.  

I was shocked when we passed on DSJ. 

5 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I have to say, I have liked clifford so far.

Yes, it's 15 games and we have a negative record.

But I watch them playing and they look more focused, moving the ball well, there are marked improvements from several guys (vuc, ross and gordon) and the defensive intensity is there in some games. And he seems to hold them accountable.

My only complain so far is that he just seems to take the hot guy out of the court too soon. I am not sure they are so tired that they need to go out. I have seen this behaviour a couple of games in a row, where someone like ross (yesterday) has 12 points in 8 minutes in the second quarter, and he is the only one of the bench who gets replaced, while sticking with simmons who ends up playing 27 minutes in a night his shot (and overall game) was totally off. 

clifford does not ride the hot hand. 

Agreed. He's been impressive, considering the pieces we have

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

And some of you want this guy? Smdh. He is mentally damaged and I seriously doubt he will be able to overcome it. To have the yips this early in his career is a VERY bad sign. 

That's because you're falling for the spectacle of being flabbergasted at Fultz looking like x in college but now looks like y!

Ignore the ugly shot that comes and goes. A miss is a miss regardless. Assume he can't shoot and will never be able to shoot. If he showed up on our team tomorrow he'd still be a great athlete, a good passer, a good defender with size to defend 3 positions, and a guy that can live at the rim. He's basically young rondo. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

It existed at FSU

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's because you're falling for the spectacle of being flabbergasted at Fultz looking like x in college but now looks like y!

Ignore the ugly shot that comes and goes. A miss is a miss regardless. Assume he can't shoot and will never be able to shoot. If he showed up on our team tomorrow he'd still be a great athlete, a good passer, a good defender with size to defend 3 positions, and a guy that can live at the rim. He's basically young rondo. 

So was Payton. Your point?

36 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We tried the young rondo thing with Payton and Fultz looks worse at this time than Payton did. I dunno. He doesn’t really solve any of our issues. 

I think we need a shooter at PG. 

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So was Payton. Your point?

If Payton played defense he'd have another 0 in his yearly salary. 

I've watched literally every single field goal attempt in Fultz season so far. His shot isn't as ugly as you'd expect based on reporting. He just has that weird hitch that shows up now and then and it makes the rounds on the internet and we all go "OMG!!!”. 

Also he can't shoot on the baseline at any level. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If Payton played defense he'd have another 0 in his yearly salary. 

I've watched literally every single field goal attempt in Fultz season so far. His shot isn't as ugly as you'd expect based on reporting. He just has that weird hitch that shows up now and then and it makes the rounds on the internet and we all go "OMG!!!”. 

Also he can't shoot on the baseline at any level. 

At least the opposing D can’t sag off Augustine on the 3. And then we’re gonna go back to poor offensive spacing.  I just don’t think he provides what we need.