The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No surprise, but still no Fragile tonight. Wonder who gets the start if Gordon can’t go? Martin or Bamba

Martin. 

Difficult for Bamba to back up vucevic and start next to him. 

I think Gordon will end up playing

Looks like the Bucks are more forreal than I thought.  The maturity they've had since seeing them beat the Magic has extended into various matches.  They are officially a contender.  

Their poise and focus is what sets them apart.  They dominated the Warriors and Toronto already and just beat Denver in the clutch tonight.  They are legit as far as I'm concerned.   Looks like Bud finally got the right set of guys in the right location. 

37 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Looks like the Bucks are more forreal than I thought.  The maturity they've had since seeing them beat the Magic has extended into various matches.  They are officially a contender.  

Their poise and focus is what sets them apart.  They dominated the Warriors and Toronto already and just beat Denver in the clutch tonight.  They are legit as far as I'm concerned.   Looks like Bud finally got the right set of guys in the right location. 

This was expected. Coaching matters. 

10 hours ago, ~O~ said:

They are. And it’s one of the reasons the East is actually far more competitive than most thought. 

Celtics/Sixers/Raptors/Bucks/Pacers 

Those 5 are pretty tough. Obviously the winner will probably come from that top 3. But everyone who dumps on the east is wrong. At this point it’s close to being as competitive as the top of the West. The east doesn’t possess an all-time great team like the Warriors but this isn’t a joke conference. 

Not that I’m a big fan but Colin Cowherd said last week outside of the Warriors the top 5 In the East is better than the top 5 in the West. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, ?4thewin said:

Premise 1- Philly is going all in this season.

Premise 2- Fultz is a net negative due to roster construction. Can't play with Simmons. Simmons and Butler will have an overwhelming majority of playmaking responsibility limiting Fultz's value. Butler and Simmons should play 36+ mpg in the playoffs. 

Premise 3- there are maybe 5 teams interested in trading for Fultz. Us, Phoenix, new Orleans (for whatever reason they snoop around every point guard), the Knicks, and maybe the Spurs. 

Premise 4- they're looking for belinelli and ilyasova types. Shooters at 1, 3, and 4. But more importantly reliable players. Vets with playoff experience

I'm not sure there's many options out there. The Knicks don't have a lot of options to trade and they're actually built to tank. Not sure they'd trade the pick.

Phoenix seems interested in making a deal. But they're looking at sending Bridges, Bender, and their pick. Ariza would be good but can't be traded for 5 weeks. He'll probably end up here if Philly waits. 

New Orleans has E'twaun Moore to offer but he's probably more important to them than Fultz considering they're trying to keep Davis. Can't afford to become worse. 

Augustin is a 39% three point shooter over the past several years and works better as an off ball spacer than the primary facilitator. We're right in the middle of the East where we're not tanking so our pick isn't as valuable to us (though I'd protect it) and Fultz is better than our current point guards. 

Man if we could get Fultz for Dj, Simmons, and a top 8 protected (preferably in 2020) I'd be ecstatic. Simmons and Dj are both vets with playoff experience. Really don't want to lose Ross I hope we choose to extend him before free agency. He seems like the type of dude who would sign a team friendly deal and not try to gouge us. Also, I have a ton of confidence in Clifford. What he's done with our team this year in terms of playing hard and attitude has really impressed me. Clifford might be the kind of coach Fultz needs. He might not be getting much attention in team practices to help his development from Brown since they are laser focused on the playoffs.

13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

This was expected. Coaching matters. 

Along with making some right moves (either by luck or design).  Milwaukee is a good model for us.  Hennigan's moves did not pan out.  Current FO's moves and direction starting to pay dividends.  We still need to solve the PG situation, figure out the Ross and Vucevic scenario (loving Ross's play so far), and become a player in FA (probably next year not this year).  I do not see us far away since I like this young team.  Really looking forward to the rest of this year since, typically, youngsters play better, the 2nd half of the a season.