The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, alwaystragic said:

I didn’t know you considered being a fan as an investment 

We were discussing physically going to the games—which is an investment. It’s spending your money. Investing in a product that has been awful for half a decade. 

A lot of people aren’t gonna be willing to blindly spend their hard earned money on a bad product. Doesn’t mean you’re a fair weather fan. It means you would rather watch the team lose from your couch—where you have nothing invested in the game. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

We were discussing physically going to the games—which is an investment. It’s spending your money. Investing in a product that has been awful for half a decade. 

A lot of people aren’t gonna be willing to blindly spend their hard earned money on a bad product. Doesn’t mean you’re a fair weather fan. It means you would rather watch the team lose from your couch—where you have nothing invested in the game. 

If you feel like they are a disappointment and don’t want to go and watch it from your couch, fine.

But going to the arena and letting teams like hornets clippers heat or wizards “outnoise” you in your own house seems terrible. 

Perhaps here in South America we are used to fans being more part of the game, even influencing moments or calls at certain point. Would be nice to have that kind of advantage for Orlando as well. And I have seen how really noisy fan bases can swing things to their favor at home like spurs or seahawks 

1 minute ago, alwaystragic said:

If you feel like they are a disappointment and don’t want to go and watch it from your couch, fine.

But going to the arena and letting teams like hornets clippers heat or wizards “outnoise” you in your own house seems terrible. 

Perhaps here in South America we are used to fans being more part of the game, even influencing moments or calls at certain point. Would be nice to have that kind of advantage for Orlando as well. And I have seen how really noisy fan bases can swing things to their favor at home like spurs or seahawks 

You have to understand the weird history of Florida. It went from a mid-tier state in terms of population to the third most populated state over the last 60 years due to the space program, interstate development, and creation of air conditioning. The population of Orlando has grown 600% in this timeframe. 

Because of that, the majority of current Florida residents are either transplants from other states or first generation Floridians. Most people bring their sports allegiances with them. 

Additionally, someone who was 12 years old in 1989 is 42 now. If he had a child in 2001 his kid is only 17 now. The third generation of magic fans is still 15ish years away. Compare that with a 12 year old who went to his first Boston Celtics game in 1947. They have a 42 year advantage in grabbing fans and are now in the middle of their fourth generation. 

I don’t want Fultz here, I don’t like his game. He seems passive and we already had a passive PG. I want a dog to Fight in the trenches when we have to win games. 

Plus us we don’t need another PG with a broken jump shot. We need a guy who can get us buckets when we’re struggling

his health is also questionable 

and we’d have to give up a pick? A solid no from me dawg.

id rather keep our pick, draft a SG, and go for a PG in FA that can score. 

• Like 1

So if we bring it Fultz for Augustine are we starting Fultz with Grant as the backup? That seems a little scary from the lack of shooting aspect but I'm pretty much down for any PG change at this point. I would love to keep Augustine and somehow trade Simmons/Vuch and our pick for a PG. 

6 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I don’t want Fultz here, I don’t like his game. He seems passive and we already had a passive PG. I want a dog to Fight in the trenches when we have to win games. 

Plus us we don’t need another PG with a broken jump shot 

and we’d have to give up a pick? A solid no from me dawg.

id rather keep our pick, draft a SG, and go for a PG in FA. 

Fultz isn't really passive. Fultz playing simultaneously with Simmons hurts him. Philly has considerably worse spacing than we do. 

He's a really good passer. He gets to the rim pretty easy. He's really good on defense. 

He'd be better than Grant but would have the upside of a number one pick. 

49 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I really feel like we’re gonna trade for Fultz.  People are gonna be surprised at how little it takes to get him. 

idk what you mean by this. The Sixers aren't going to just give him away? it's going to take a big offer to get Fultz. 

If we had a JJ Redick type player then at least you can see an avenue but we're lacking in the same department. 

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Also trading Augustin for Fultz doesn't hurt our ability to go after a point guard in free agency if Fultz sucks this year. 

What kind of protection would you put on the first? I’d likely want a top eight protection.