The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I’ve been to the last 3 games. It’s a pretty dead atmosphere. You get the most noise during a shirt launch or Jumbotron showing. But honestly what do you expect?

The team been horrible for so long. The majority of the fans there seem to be tourist who are taking the night off from Disney. 

I expect them to support the team both doing well or not. 

That is what makes a good fanbase 

if they only root for the winners then we should all be warriors fans

gotta be loyal to the team, no matter how awful we have been or will be 

8 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

This has been a complaint for 20 years. Our two largest demographics at games are older people and dads with two kids under the age of 12. 

At a NBA finals game people were upset that I was standing. 

Fans show up and they'll get loud for good teams in good games but a Friday night in November against another bottom level team and a roster that we don't really believe in yet they'll be mostly quiet. It's fine. 

17 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

why would a rational person spend their money on a product they don't like? 

It has nothing to do with fandom or being a warriors fan. People don't give their money away if they don't feel entertained, and the current product reflects that. Being "loyal to the team" means nothing; what has the team done for us in the last 5 years? Aside from spending our public money to build their palace of course...

5 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I agree. I just think people have a hard time forking over 60$ for a ticket. 20$ for parking. 20$ for foood and a beer. All to see a team lose and not even show effort all the time. That’s why I stopped going to so many games. I can handle losing and still support the Magic. But when we are down 20 at halftime and the other teams fans are louder than ours it just got to be to much. 

So far this year we’ve been better for the most part. With the main exception being Charlotte. If we can hover around .500 people will be more into the games it just takes some time. 

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This has been a complaint for 20 years. Our two largest demographics at games are older people and dads with two kids under the age of 12. 

At a NBA finals game people were upset that I was standing. 

Fans show up and they'll get loud for good teams in good games but a Friday night in November against another bottom level team and a roster that we don't really believe in yet they'll be mostly quiet. It's fine. 

So this.

I remember during the Blue & White Ignite playoff times I would literally get into altercations with our own fans because I got yelled at for standing or being to loud. I almost got kicked out during one of the Hawks games I can’t remeber which one but there was a scuffle on the court I think with ZaZa and maybe Jrich and I was yelling and people complained to the usher and I was told if I yell anymore I’ll have to leave. 

It’s a very corporate/family atmosphere at amway. Which that’s whatever in November when we are and have been a bottom feeder but come playoff time you should be allowed to stand at certain times without being degraded my uppity fans next to you. 

Tough question: 

Not sure if New York will entertain this but will you trade Isaac and a future pick for Porzingis at this point? 

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Tough question: 

Not sure if New York will entertain this but will you trade Isaac and a future pick for Porzingis at this point? 

Yea they wouldn’t entertain that. 

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Tough question: 

This isn't a tough question. You do it. Knicks won't.