The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t believe the Heat would want to trade us their best player 

True, especially a rival. But if they decide to blow it up then maybe 

Man fournier/dj/picks for Beal would be an awesome trade for us...

or even Isaac/fournier/pick could be something to explore.

I have a lot of dc friends I’ve been talking about this with. They seem to want to fire their coach, blow it up, and trade everyone for draft picks/young talent. It’ll be borderline impossible to trade wall though with his contract and trade kicker

Kemba

Beal

Ross

AG

Bamba

....droll emoji

probably have a better shot at winning the lottery than this happening but it’s damn fun to think about after a couple of coors lights

The Boston Idea:

Fournier and Vooch for Rozier and Hayward. (This assumes Hayward is healthy).

The Wasington Idea:

Fournier and Isaac for Beal

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

The Boston Idea:

The Wasington Idea:

Ooooooo yeah that’s a fun one too. Yeah with Boston it’s almost like their depth is a hurting them. Didn’t think that was possible. I think the wiz just fell victim to thanos, I mean Dwight Howard lol

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

The Boston Idea:

The Wasington Idea:

That Boston trade :) 

I don't think they get rid of him though because of everything they've done to get him back lol 

17 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

That Boston trade :) 

I don't think they get rid of him though because of everything they've done to get him back lol 

True Brad Stevens would probably cry if they got rid of Hayward 

Biggest difference in our wins lately is point guard play. We get decent efforts from Augustin and/or Grant and we’re much more competitive.

also, sitting at 10th in the East, right around where we should be and surrounded by teams like Charlotte and Detroit. Those are teams we need to beat going forward and we have a home loss to both of em.

I think PG play is going to be massive going forward but I dont think the collective of DJ/Grant/Briscoe will get it done. I really think we need to make some type of move for a PG. Getting John Wall would cost too much but I think he would be a decent fit on this team running with AG/Bamba (I'm assuming we'd have to give up Fournier/Simmons/Ross or something like that to get him + picks). I think Rozier would be an upgrade over what we have now, but it all depends on what Boston would want in return. Ainge has a tendency to come out on top of most deals recently. It would be nice to be on the winning side of a trade for once. 

I'm just not sure where we go for our PG play this year but I really hope we don't just sit around and do nothing. Package Vuch, Fournier, DJ. Find some package and get me some quality starting players in return. I've loved the leadership I have seen Ross, so I hope we keep him but he's that ideal guy to be put into any trade because he can be valuable as a bench guy anywhere he goes. 

42 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Dj was clutch yesterday 

also the fans were not very noisy, at least what it look like on tv 

I’ve been to the last 3 games. It’s a pretty dead atmosphere. You get the most noise during a shirt launch or Jumbotron showing. But honestly what do you expect?

The team been horrible for so long. The majority of the fans there seem to be tourist who are taking the night off from Disney.