The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Does anyone think we can be playoffs bound this season?

Some times it looks like gordon is finally there, bamba's defense and vuc's offense can be great and founier is a streaky shooter with horrible defense. 

Other times we are completely manhandled, and we already lost many games we could not afford to.

I don't know if to look at this season as just development for young guys and waiting for a higher draft pick, or if we do have a serious chance at the 8th seed, especially considering how weak the east is after mil, tor, phi and bos

We won't be mathematically eliminated for a long time because of the East, but we aren't making it without some unforeseen trade. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're pretty much right where we want to be from a record standpoint. We don't have a loss we couldn't afford. The problem is more what the actual losses look like. 

We won't make the playoffs unless we make a move. Doesn't have to be a dramatic move. We're just missing one more Ross type player and a competent point guard. We can't survive an Augustin injury. 

I expected them to at least surely beat clippers and kings. hornets and pistons at home were winnable as well. those teams should not be .500 when season ends.

6 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

We won't be mathematically eliminated for a long time because of the East, but we aren't making it without some unforeseen trade. 

Agreed, I think the last two spots this year are going to be a toss up til nearly the end of the regular season. Especially if the Wizards continue this terrible run because they were considered a shoe in.

9 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Completely off topic:

Does anyone know what happened with several members of the forum fro 10 years ago? Do they still post here?

I remember some like jareth cutestoty, dom, barnettej, chosen12, you are fat pat, jec, nyce, addifb, the truth, etc.

Most are on Twitter

1 minute ago, alwaystragic said:

I expected them to at least surely beat clippers and kings. hornets and pistons at home were winnable as well. those teams should not be .500 when season ends.

The Clippers aren't as bad as people projected before the season began. I think the Kings and Pistons were winnable games Hornets and Clips were 50/50.

2 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

But by that logic we shouldn't have beaten Miami, Boston, and San Antonio. Two way street. 

4 and 7 is about right for this schedule. Our record is fine. It's the way we've lost games that's concerning. 

We play Brooklyn, New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington, Cleveland, Phoenix, and Dallas 21 times. If we're going to make the playoffs we need to have something like a 15-6 record against these teams. Then the path to .500 is a 26-35 record against good teams. 

But we won't be able to accomplish that without making changes. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

But by that logic we shouldn't have beaten Miami, Boston, and San Antonio. Two way street. 

4 and 7 is about right for this schedule. Our record is fine. It's the way we've lost games that's concerning. 

Exactly. That was my point of being completely unpredictable. Even the sixers game, on paper we should have lost, then during the game we should have won, but jj decided to go full revenge mode.

Some times we look so bad that it makes you want to move all the vets and get younger and keep full rebuild mode.

Then we beat the spurs and celtics and it looks like we have something going for this season so maybe lets be agressive and trade for someone important even if you let go of key pieces.

Team is a roulette.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

We're pretty much right where we want to be from a record standpoint. We don't have a loss we couldn't afford. The problem is more what the actual losses look like. 

We won't make the playoffs unless we make a move. Doesn't have to be a dramatic move. We're just missing one more Ross type player and a competent point guard. We can't survive an Augustin injury. 

I can't imagine Augustine going out for the year and we're stuck with a Grant/Briscoe pg rotation.

I mentioned this a while back but no one seemed to catch it. I’d love to have josh Richardson some how. He’s be perfect for what we are trying to do

7 minutes ago, Captain said:

I mentioned this a while back but no one seemed to catch it. I’d love to have josh Richardson some how. He’s be perfect for what we are trying to do

I don’t believe the Heat would want to trade us their best player