The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Shaq wasn't more than a physical presence that can dunk. That was enough. Same with Dwight.  If Shaq was 6'6 he wouldn't have been as good. If Zion protects the rim like Dwight he should go number 1. But I'm not sure his measurements offer him the same ceiling on defense. 

Zion can do more than dunk but I think there's enough players that can defend him in the league that the Shaq comparison doesn't make sense. Nobody could defend Shaq one on one. Anthony Davis, Draymond, porzingis, giannis, Bamba when he gets stronger. Jaren Jackson when he gets stronger, kawhi, LeBron, both Morris brothers, Gordon I'm on the fence with because he locked up Randle last year but 6'9 250 is different than 6'6 275. 

The one thing I know is that they will go 1 and 2 in next year's draft if they declare. lol.  I would bet the bank on that.  And I would take either one.  Barrett makes more sense with our need but if I could project Zion at SF (and he does have a nice outside touch) it would be real tempting.  No 3 out there could handle him physically which leads to the Shaq comparisons (4's mentioned above maybe).  Not hard to see Draymond Green comparisons.  Good article fron SBNation below.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/11/7/18071760/zion-williamson-stats-highlights-rj-barrett

In order for Zion to exceed expectations is his ability to develop a consistent jumper which is one of his glaring flaws. He'll also need to control his weight because he's unbelievably athletic and his knees could have issues if he doesn't control it. He's hyper athletic and a human highlight reel but he's going to have to show high basketball IQ to really take that step into the realm of super star. RJ has the potential to be something great day one. 

39 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This is pretty much what I imagined when I said good defenders would be able to take Trae out of games 

Trae has to be more physical in these situations. Sacrifice a technical to clear your head and rid yourself of the frustration. An elbow to the mid-section or a solid push would be fine. No way you can allow a defender to be draped all over you for an entire game. 

I'm matching the physicality and either winning or fouling out.   

These were the days....Can not wait till we get this fighting for championships again.

I will never forget this game or the shot or that team. Underdogs...

• Like 1

Trade for John Wall....Get RJ in the draft job done haha...

I really like Wall just not the 44mil... But hopefully by then we would be fighting for the championship so paying the luxury tax would be fine.

Our owners are good when we need to win they proved it time and time again

Yea if we could get Ross for a reasonable 3 yr deal I’m on board. That’s the leadership we need. And he’s been a nice surprise on the court. 

10 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Trade for John Wall....Get RJ in the draft job done haha...

I really like Wall just not the 44mil... But hopefully by then we would be fighting for the championship so paying the luxury tax would be fine.

Our owners are good when we need to win they proved it time and time again

How would adding Wall have us contending for a championship though? You have to realize you could put Wall on this team and we still aren’t a top 3 teams in the East. Maybe not even top 5. And that’s in a hypothetical where we give up nothing for him.