The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Season is early.

I'm not sure what he could do to change someone's mind. It's not really about him. It's more about Barrett. There's a reason why the consensus has been Barrett over Zion for a couple years now. 

Barrett dominated every amateur event he's played in. 

4 minutes ago, ML6 said:

So does the word "speculate".

Just pointing out that if you're going to speculate for the best case scenario, it seems a bit humorous to tell another poster "it's early" when they suggest (reasonably) that there are better prospects on his team.  If "it's early" for that claim, "it's early" to claim he's a generational talent.

Again, maybe hints that I’m aware it’s unlikely as much as it’s likely.

Yea RJ is the type of player that will come in and average 20 a game as a rookie. He’s the type of player we desperately need. Yes I said desperately. I think he will end up a pretty clear #1 pick when it’s all said and done so I’m not holding my breath. 

Romeo Langford I think would be a nice fit too and probably more realistic from where we will be picking. Although I’m not all that worried about fit/position I really just hope we target someone who can score the ball. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not sure what he could do to change someone's mind. It's not really about him. It's more about Barrett. There's a reason why the consensus has been Barrett over Zion for a couple years now. 

Barrett dominated every amateur event he's played in. 

More polished. I just wonder if Zion, while not as polished, but with a little refinement, will be a more dominate player.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

More polished. I just wonder if Zion, while not as polished, but with a little refinement, will be a more dominate player.

Depends what your definition of dominate is. Will he throw down more dominate dunks? Yea. I don’t see him ever being more dominate than R.J. though. I really think Barret is the next generational type SG. Like 30ppg in his prime type dominate. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Depends what your definition of dominate is. Will he throw down more dominate dunks? Yea. I don’t see him ever being more dominate than R.J. though. I really think Barret is the next generational type SG. Like 30ppg in his prime type dominate. 

Eeehhhh. He’s more than dunks man. Way more. People said the same thing about Shaq and Lebron.

I won’t deny RJ’s talent at all.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I really don't think you understand how good Barrett is. 

Last year, as a 17 year old, he dropped 38 13 and 5 against a US team with Cam Reddish, Hamadou Diallo, Jerry West award winner Carsen Edwards, okogie, and Huerter

Barrett has the superstar potential. Zion is flashy yes, but i can see him being another mold of blake griffin - which isnt bad.  the bad thing will be when his knees go after throwing his body into the sky repeatedly begins to wear them down.  the only player heavier than him in the nba is boban marjanovic

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Eeehhhh. He’s more than dunks man. Way more. People said the same thing about Shaq and Lebron.

I won’t deny RJ’s talent at all.

Nobody said the same thing about Shaq or LeBron. They were talking about LeBron as the unquestioned number one overall pick since he was in 8th grade. He was the obvious number one pick as a high schooler over a freshmen who was the best player on a championship team who averaged 24/11/3 on 55/54/77 shooting the final 3 games of the tournament. 

6 minutes ago, JamminJ21 said:

Barrett has the superstar potential. Zion is flashy yes, but i can see him being another mold of blake griffin - which isnt bad.  the bad thing will be when his knees go after throwing his body into the sky repeatedly begins to wear them down.  the only player heavier than him in the nba is boban marjanovic

Right because leaning down is not an option.

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nobody said the same thing about Shaq or LeBron. They were talking about LeBron as the unquestioned number one overall pick since he was in 8th grade. He was the obvious number one pick as a high schooler over a freshmen who was the best player on a championship team who averaged 24/11/3 on 55/54/77 shooting the final 3 games of the tournament. 

Yeah they did. I don’t know how many people have said Shaq was nothing more than a physical presence that could dunk. Same thing as Dwight. Two guys that got us to the finals.

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah they did. I don’t know how many people have said Shaq was nothing more than a physical presence that could dunk. Same thing as Dwight. Two guys that got us to the finals.

Shaq wasn't more than a physical presence that can dunk. That was enough. Same with Dwight.  If Shaq was 6'6 he wouldn't have been as good. If Zion protects the rim like Dwight he should go number 1. But I'm not sure his measurements offer him the same ceiling on defense. 

Zion can do more than dunk but I think there's enough players that can defend him in the league that the Shaq comparison doesn't make sense. Nobody could defend Shaq one on one. Anthony Davis, Draymond, porzingis, giannis, Bamba when he gets stronger. Jaren Jackson when he gets stronger, kawhi, LeBron, both Morris brothers, Gordon I'm on the fence with because he locked up Randle last year but 6'9 250 is different than 6'6 275.