The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Grant might be the worst offensive point guard in the league. He often looks lost and flat, and he’s got an ORTG of 88. He’s been in the league for several years now, so youth is not an excuse, That said, I’d like to see Briscoe get a chance running the second unit.

16 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

With Rozier you can give him the starting pg spot and see how he does before free agency. He sucks, don’t pay him.

Exactly and if all you have to give up is VUC and Fournier or Simmons... 

2 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

Yup. I mean there’s no option available at the moment that’s going to put us over the hump. Might as well see what he has if it costs us those two. 

I have changed my tune. Tank for Zion.

9 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

You wouldn't have to give up those guys. 

You'd have to give up our pick though. 

Rozier makes $3,050,390. That means the most Boston can take back in salary for him is $3,912,987.50 unless they include players for additional salary. 

So maybe they'll include Yabusele in a deal. Now they can take back a maximum $7,247,487.5

That's enough to get them Simmons. 

They'd have to include Rozier, Yabusele, and Morris to have enough salary to take back just vucevic with just enough room to include the cheapest contract we have, Frazier. 

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You wouldn't have to give up those guys. 

You'd have to give up our pick though. 

Rozier makes $3,050,390. That means the most Boston can take back in salary for him is $3,912,987.50 unless they include players for additional salary. 

So maybe they'll include Yabusele in a deal. Now they can take back a maximum $7,247,487.5

That's enough to get them Simmons. 

They'd have to include Rozier, Yabusele, and Morris to have enough salary to take back just vucevic with just enough room to include the cheapest contract we have, Frazier. 

The way Simmons has been playing, we might have to include 2 picks to get someone to take him.

Just now, The Neighborhood Bully said:

The way Simmons has been playing, we might have to include 2 picks to get someone to take him.

Plus I don't know why they'd value him with Tatum, brown, smart, Hayward, ojeleye, and Morris all capable of taking wing minutes. 

I think they'd be more inclined to take Grant. Only because Kyrie, smart, and Wanamaker are their point guards so they could use another guy in case something happens to Kyrie. 

I'd bet they'd ask for Bamba though. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Plus I don't know why they'd value him with Tatum, brown, smart, Hayward, ojeleye, and Morris all capable of taking wing minutes. 

I think they'd be more inclined to take Grant. Only because Kyrie, smart, and Wanamaker are their point guards so they could use another guy in case something happens to Kyrie. 

I'd bet they'd ask for Bamba though. 

Bamba, AG or JI. In that order.

55 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Grant might be the worst offensive point guard in the league. He often looks lost and flat, and he’s got an ORTG of 88. He’s been in the league for several years now, so youth is not an excuse, That said, I’d like to see Briscoe get a chance running the second unit.

Michael Carter-Williams and his ORTG of 85 say hello.

3 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Michael Carter-Williams and his ORTG of 85 say hello.

Lol! Exactly. They are in the class of “oh my goodness they are horrible.”

Is there a way to sticky a post about how tanking this year is an absolutely horrible idea due to the draft lottery percentages flattening? A full year of people suggesting that is going to give me an aneurysm. You can't tank effectively anymore. Ship has sailed. Bad strategy.

And if we really did get Zion this entire board would break down into "omg I can't believe Hammond didn't draft a PG, WTFFFFFFFFFFFF" after he doesn't post 30/8/6 in his first game.