The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not either. I just watched every assist he's made since the beginning of the playoffs. Only about 6 were "point guard" type passes. But I think he's a better passer than DJ. He's a good but not elite defender. He's a good but not elite shooter and scorer. 

I'm a fan of getting him as he's good enough at the point guard parts of his job that having another two way player is valuable. He's not going to be a savior but he's something between "what if Kris Dunn could shoot" on the downside and "next Jrue Holiday" as an upside with "better shooting Reggie Jackson" as a reasonable expectation. 

Same. Fair comps too. He makes plenty of sense on either front though. He’s the type of player that worth taking a little gamble on. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Same. Fair comps too. He makes plenty of sense on either front though. He’s the type of player that worth taking a little gamble on. 

Yeah and our roster as currently constructed is better suited for that type of point guard than others as our entire rotation has the necessary coordination to dribble and pass even though they sometimes forget the second part. 

But Clifford always talks about how we need to get into the paint to break down the defense and get open shots. He can do that. He can defend. He made 2 threes per game last year. He plays really hard. There's enough there to bet on. 

45 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah and our roster as currently constructed is better suited for that type of point guard than others as our entire rotation has the necessary coordination to dribble and pass even though they sometimes forget the second part. 

But Clifford always talks about how we need to get into the paint to break down the defense and get open shots. He can do that. He can defend. He made 2 threes per game last year. He plays really hard. There's enough there to bet on. 

Yep. And who knows. Pacers fans weren’t excited with they got Oladipo now look at them. Maybe he just comes here and breaks out. 

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. And who knows. Pacers fans weren’t excited with they got Oladipo now look at them. Maybe he just comes here and breaks out. 

I am just not a big fan of Rozier. He is no a playmaker. He is currently averaging like 2 assists per game. He is just good at defense. He has regressed a little this year since the addition of Kyrie and Hayward. I just dont see it working alongside of Fournier. I will not mind trading for him as long as we dont have to give anything value in return. We can see how it works this year and make the desicion after the season wether we keep him or not.. He is not a 15mill per year type of player. No way. I can see us giving out Vuch for Rozier and change. No picks. 

I rather go for  a player like Jones, Evans or even Okobo out of phoenix. 

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Think I just rather wait for one of the Duke boys to come out.

Agree with your thought.  But we better get pick 1, 2 or 3.  I know it is early but Bleacher Report has the three Dukie freshmen as 1, 2, and 3.  I like Romeo Langford and Quentin Grimes too.  I would love to get lucky in the lottery this year and be able to get another good young player.  Then add the veteran or veterans next year when we have max money.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Unlike our previous coaches I think Clifford actually pays attention to these things. He has already brought up analytical stats during interviews so that is a sign in the right direction. 

Hope that continues since I like this team but it will take time and the right combo's.  Patience, as always, is a virtue that we need.

34 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am just not a big fan of Rozier. He is no a playmaker. He is currently averaging like 2 assists per game. He is just good at defense. He has regressed a little this year since the addition of Kyrie and Hayward. I just dont see it working alongside of Fournier. I will not mind trading for him as long as we dont have to give anything value in return. We can see how it works this year and make the desicion after the season wether we keep him or not.. He is not a 15mill per year type of player. No way. I can see us giving out Vuch for Rozier and change. No picks. 

I rather go for  a player like Jones, Evans or even Okobo out of phoenix. 

Everyone on Boston is regressing because they have 7 guys trying to fill the roles that there's only 4 spots for. 

Kyrie is scoring 5 fewer points per game than last year. 

Jaylen brown is scoring 3 fewer points per game than last year. 

Smart is averaging half of the points he did last year

Hayward is averaging only 10ppg. 

Rozier's usage is way down from last year. 

1 minute ago, Captain said:

So are we looking at a very realistic scenario or something that could happen?

It’s factual that Rozier isn’t happy with his PT. It’s factual that the Celtics have to many “guys”. It’s factual that they aren’t looking as good as they were last year. 

Geberally in situations like this a trade is on the horizon. But everything is essentially something that “could” happen. 

3 minutes ago, Captain said:

So are we looking at a very realistic scenario or something that could happen?

Shams reported that at least 7 teams are interested in discussing a trade for Rozier when Boston is ready to start discussing a trade.

Simmons said it's known around the league that Rozier is unhappy in Boston because it's a money year for him and his role is small. 

One team interested is Phoenix. 

Another is Cleveland for some reason. 

It's presumed we're one of the other 5. We might not be interested in Rozier at all. 

Rozier is a high energy, 6'8 wingspan, good shooting point guard. He's 24. He's about 80% of what our front office would want in a point guard. It would make sense if we valued him highly

Our point guard situation wasn't created by accident. Signs point to holding a spot open for somebody next season. They might love Rozier (if they do it would make sense to trade for him now vs letting Phoenix get him if Boston is really listening to offers). They might like delon wright or dinwiddie and not like Rozier at all. 

So it's realistic but a stretch and we're not named but implied. And it would be reasonable for Rozier to be our number one (realistic) target in free agency next summer but that's not backed by Intel, just an educated guess. 

• Upvote 1