The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

And we had a 120 offensive rating in our win over the Spurs

On a whole though, I do think that our offense has been hard to watch. Really hope things turn around more and we are able to hit those open shots.

Just now, Odin said:

On a whole though, I do think that our offense has been hard to watch. Really hope things turn around more and we are able to hit those open shots.

Yeah. He's right for the wrong reasons. 

In wins we're about what I expected us to be. 105.7 offensive rating. 102 defensive rating. 

In losses we're at 99 and 116 which isn't really acceptable. 

On 11/3/2018 at 9:27 PM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Don't look at this either

this makes me sad haha. i love dipo and am glad for his success, just wish it couldve been here

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

And we had a 120 offensive rating in our win over the Spurs

Yeah I had posted this exact thing on the article and he’s already changed it. No mention of the Knicks anymore.

I get that his thing is being snarky and ****ting on bad teams, but felt like I had to call him out for that one. Making an error or misquoting something is no big deal, but doing it after you gloat about having no reason to watch just makes you seem kind of lame.

22 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yeah I had posted this exact thing on the article and he’s already changed it. No mention of the Knicks anymore.

I get that his thing is being snarky and ****ting on bad teams, but felt like I had to call him out for that one. Making an error or misquoting something is no big deal, but doing it after you gloat about having no reason to watch just makes you seem kind of lame.

Also, watchability isn't really the goal. Cleveland and Chicago are much more watchable offenses but aren't better teams than we are. 

I get a casual fan isn't going to want to tune in to defense first basketball but that doesn't mean it's wrong to pursue that style. 

gordon is not the problem.

he will provide scoring, hustle, boards. But he will not provide it like an alpha dog would.

gordon should be the supporting star of this team, a la pippen or klay thompson (not comparing gordon to them, just the roles)

we need to find THE star...that can be complemented with gordon, bamba and (maybe) isaac.

the only ones who should be in the team in 2-3 years are them plus simmons, dj (from the bench) and ross.

vuc should expire or be traded now as he has been better this season. 

fournier should be a bench guy who is brought in to score (the only thing he knows how to do). 

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Also, watchability isn't really the goal. Cleveland and Chicago are much more watchable offenses but aren't better teams than we are. 

I get a casual fan isn't going to want to tune in to defense first basketball but that doesn't mean it's wrong to pursue that style. 

I think bad defense can be just as bad to watch as bad offense and good defense can be really fun to watch. (Good defense, not just the other team missing open shots). Obviously, it is not the draw that high scoring offense is, but it still can be fun.

What if Isaac just isn't good right now?

The normal starting lineup is bad. 

Augustin-Fournier-Simmons-Isaac-vucevic is bad

The only positive bigger minute lineup is Augustin-Ross-Fournier-Isaac-vucevic but that lineup has a 91 offensive rating and a 71 defensive rating so I don't know if that's sustainable. 

Can't describe how disappointing it will be if we come out with poor energy tonight and lose.  Everyone is aware that inconsistency and poor performances have been an issue.  It's been pinpointed.  Time to actively buck that trend.

37 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What if Isaac just isn't good right now?

The normal starting lineup is bad. 

Augustin-Fournier-Simmons-Isaac-vucevic is bad

The only positive bigger minute lineup is Augustin-Ross-Fournier-Isaac-vucevic but that lineup has a 91 offensive rating and a 71 defensive rating so I don't know if that's sustainable. 

Yeah, I am concerned that Isaac isn't there yet. His defense has also seems to have dropped off from last year, he isn't as impactful on that side.

It's really fascinating to me how the Grant-Ross-Simmons-Gordon-Bamba lineup works. 

It's been a positive in 5 out of 7 games

It's the 9th among all league lineups in total minutes. 

But Grant, Simmons, and often Bamba have been bad. 

If you replace Grant with Augustin the lineup collapses. If you replace Simmons with Fournier the lineup dies. 

Gordon has the largest positive impact on the team. If you replace Gordon in that lineup with Martin the numbers improve. 

So weird. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's really fascinating to me how the Grant-Ross-Simmons-Gordon-Bamba lineup works. 

It's been a positive in 5 out of 7 games

It's the 9th among all league lineups in total minutes. 

But Grant, Simmons, and often Bamba have been bad. 

If you replace Grant with Augustin the lineup collapses. If you replace Simmons with Fournier the lineup dies. 

Gordon has the largest positive impact on the team. If you replace Gordon in that lineup with Martin the numbers improve. 

So weird. 

Sometimes certain pieces work together even if they don't work outside of that configuration.

Grant often looks fantastic in that line-up, but barely looks like an NBA player otherwise.

Bamba actually gets to play center, which I think helps.

Simmons is an energy guy even when his shot isn't going (as it hasn't been), which keeps everyone else playing at a higher level.

Gordon brings the overall talent level up.

I'd say we don't have enough minutes with Martin to see if he really improves that line-up or not.