The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

So, according to BBref, we have played the toughest schedule so far by a significant margin. That doesn't mean that we are a "good" team or anything like that- but we might be better than our current record shows.

I dunno. We’re 1-4 at home with double digit losses to the Clippers, Blazers and Hornets and an 8 point loss to the Kings. 2-2 on the road and a 1 point loss to the Sixers from being 3-1. We’re unbelievably inconsistent, so these next few games should be telling. Or we’ll lose at home to the Cavs tonight and go back in to full meltdown mode.

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I dunno. We’re 1-4 at home with double digit losses to the Clippers, Blazers and Hornets and an 8 point loss to the Kings. 2-2 on the road and a 1 point loss to the Sixers from being 3-1. We’re unbelievably inconsistent, so these next few games should be telling. Or we’ll lose at home to the Cavs tonight and go back in to full meltdown mode.

Sure. I am definitely not happy with our play in most of our losses. There is a lot to say that we are a "bad team". But every team we have lost to has at least a .500 record. We have beaten the only team that we have played that currently has a losing record.

This is all to say that we aren't even 10 games into the season yet. There are a lot of things the team needs to do better. I am just an optimist that is looking for some positives.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Mental?

I think so. You can see that he starts the game with the mentality to score right away. He needs to calm down a little bit. 

Also, the lineup changes might also play a big factor. It will be interesting to see if most of the points comea when either Vuch or Evan are in or out of the court. 

Another thing to look at. The 9 teams that we have played so far have a margin of victory of (ranked):

1. Bucks 15.8

4. Trailblazers 9.4

6. Hornets 7.6

7. Clippers 5.9

9 Celtics 4.1

11. Spurs 2.0

14. Heat 0.25

15. Kings -.6

17. 76ers -1.27

The teams that have destroyed us have destroyed a lot of other teams too. We will have to see how we do against Cleveland, who is towards the bottom of all of those rankings.

We will know in the next week whether our strength of schedule is why our record isn’t great or not. We play some bad teams coming up. 

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Strength of schedule doesn't take in to account margin of victory. 

According to current standing the worst team we've lost to is Charlotte as they're 5-5. We haven't lost to a losing team yet. 

Though I don't think any of us have a problem with our current record. It's not really that we lost to Portland Milwaukee Sacramento and LAC. It's how we lost. 

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I don’t believe we’ve turned some corner. We know what we have outside of Bamba, JI and AG if he had a bigger role.

Nah. We'll know if something changed in three weeks if positive or tonight if negative

Zach Harper in his power rankings today:

I cannot think of a single reason to watch anything this team is doing right now. During this boom of offense as NBA coaches and players take advantage of the Freedom of Movement emphasis, the Magic just barely cleared a 100.0 offensive rating with their win over the Knicks on Sunday.”

Seems like a pretty bad look to basically admit you don’t watch them in the first sentence and then be citing a completely different game/team in the next. 

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I cannot think of a single reason to watch anything this team is doing right now. During this boom of offense as NBA coaches and players take advantage of the Freedom of Movement emphasis, the Magic just barely cleared a 100.0 offensive rating with their win over the Knicks on Sunday.”

Seems like a pretty bad look to basically admit you don’t watch them in the first sentence and then be citing a completely different game/team in the next. 

Yeah, we haven’t played the Knicks...

9 minutes ago, ML6 said:

And we had a 120 offensive rating in our win over the Spurs