The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

It’s perplexing as to what we should do. Obviously our biggest need is a Point guard; this is the elephant in the room. We need some guard play! Do we sell high on AG (and get backcourt help) before people begin to figure out he’s overrated and extremely inconsistent; the only problem is Issac’s glass ankles. Will AG eventually chase that Hollywood dream?; he seems like the type to crave that culture. He seems out of sorts to me and I’m wondering if there are some issues brewing. We have some decisions to make and maybe it’s prudent to be open to moving AG for a fair deal. He’s definitely not untouchable! Knowing our luck he’ll pull a Oladipo on us. I’d roll the dice on the right deal. Do other GMs value him? Maybe not, as I remember McKale not being too impressed with him. It may not be that easy.

2 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

It’s perplexing as to what we should do. Obviously our biggest need is a Point guard; this is the elephant in the room. We need some guard play! Do we sell high on AG (and get backcourt help) before people begin to figure out he’s overrated and extremely inconsistent; the only problem is Issac’s glass ankles. Will AG eventually chase that Hollywood dream?; he seems like the type to crave that culture. He seems out of sorts to me and I’m wondering if there are some issues brewing. We have some decisions to make and maybe it’s prudent to be open to moving AG for a fair deal. He’s definitely not untouchable! Knowing our luck he’ll pull a Oladipo on us. I’d roll the dice on the right deal. Do other GMs value him? Maybe not, as I remember McKale not being too impressed with him. It may not be that easy.

1 minute ago, Gordon MVP said:

This franchises ability to even perform the most basic of duties died when Bob Vander Weide left 

Funny.  I was talking to a friend and said ever since Alex took over, the franchise has gone down hill.  The lesson is don't let a marketing guy make basketball decisions.  I am new here so I am not trying to name drop or be a jerk.  I was at a work event 2 weeks ago and Vander Weide came in.  I came face to face with him and my fandom took over and I said "I wish you never left"  he sincerely said  "thanks I really appreciate that"  He obviously never wanted to leave.  He is such a class act!

• Upvote 1

The Lakers need a center...maybe they should waive Dwight in Washington and he should back to the Lakers.  He'd help LeBron a ton. 

20 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

This franchises ability to even perform the most basic of duties died when Bob Vander Weide left 

Alex..........Martins......oh boy.  

23 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Clifford is too in love with Vuc.  THIS is a problem.  He chose the wrong man to love. 

Who anyone loves is their own decision.