The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

40 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Didn’t the majority of the forum want Smith Jr? Would anyone not trade Issac for him strait up right now?

Yup, or trade up for Fultz or Ball. It’s almost like we’ve had an obvious, glaring point guard weakness for years

10 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Man I think Beal is a major upgrade from AG. Completely different style of players but Beal is an all-star. Gordon is getting benched against the clippers. 

Beal is a theoretically good player that's a part of the most underachieving team in the league and last time we played him he shot 4/15 against Rodney Purvis

9 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I would take that in a heartbeat!  But not to sure how the Lakers would feel about that.

This is a fantastic username

5 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I would take that in a heartbeat!  But not to sure how the Lakers would feel about that.

We’d probably have to throw in a pick, but Bron has tried to recruit Simmons before and he’s a win-now piece for them where Magic (Johnson) has already put the pressure on them to do so. Vucevic helps their Center weakness and would be great playing alongside guys like James and Rondo. We’d punt on the season (which we should do anyway at this point) but on paper a Ball/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba future 5 has great potential. Then you have KCP and Ross come off the books in the off-season and our only guaranteed non-rookie contracts are Fournier, Gordon and Mozgov. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Beal is a theoretically good player that's a part of the most underachieving team in the league and last time we played him he shot 4/15 against Rodney Purvis

Yea he’s not immune to bad games but last year he was really impressive and he looks better this year. He’s still just 25 which is insane. 

3 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Lakers are maybe the only team that would actually want Vucevic and Fournier to be major contributors. Josh Hart is probably an easier target than Lonzo.

You think so? They love Hart

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Didn’t the majority of the forum want Smith Jr? Would anyone not trade Issac for him strait up right now?

I would have done that deal at any time in the past and any time in the future. I have been concerned for JI's ankles since day one and so far nothing has proved me wrong in my fear. One way or another we need to come up with a starting PG that can develop with our keepers. Keeping in mind JI's ankles/potential missed games I don't think there is any way we could trade AG.

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We changed our entire training staff this summer. It's not a training staff thing. It's a pain tolerance and stability thing. He's worked on strengthening his ankles for the last 8 months. I don't know if they'll get better. 

I'm not 100% on this but I've heard a few people talk about how really bad ankle sprains growing up lead to chronic ankle problems as the tendon responsible for stability and rotation stretches instead of tears. So you end up with an ankle that sprains more easily. 

But I think we have some physical therapy guys on here that could definitely give a more informed answer than mine

I am not a stretched out string bean (6' 190) but I blew my ankle out really bad in a game many years ago. I missed almost a year of playing and 10 years later my ankle was only back to about 90%. I went from being a slasher/driver to mostly hanging out around the 3 point line up top but still gave 100% on D. There are still certain angles that I feel a lot of pressure on that ankle and it's now almost 30 years later.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We’d probably have to throw in a pick, but Bron has tried to recruit Simmons before and he’s a win-now piece for them where Magic (Johnson) has already put the pressure on them to do so. Vucevic helps their Center weakness and would be great playing alongside guys like James and Rondo. We’d punt on the season (which we should do anyway at this point) but on paper a Ball/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba future 5 has great potential. Then you have KCP and Ross come off the books in the off-season and our only guaranteed non-rookie contracts are Fournier, Gordon and Mozgov. 

I see your points.  From what I have noticed is JaVale Mcgee has been playing some pretty good ball for them so Vucevic would be a high price to pay to split minutes.  Also from a Lakers perspective when it comes to fit.  I think Lonzo and Kuzma are better fits to play with James moving forward and Ingram is the odd man out.   Don't get me wrong I am all about unloading anyone who should not be considered part of our young core moving forward.