The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I am baffled by Isaac ankle injuries. I honestly think we need to get into the training staff and due some immediated changes in that department. 

When it comes to players and personnel. I think is time to explore options to get rid of Fournier and Vuch. No need to keep this two together anymore.

Our bench is pathetic. Other than Birch and Bamba we should look to replace the rest. 

I am ok with our coaching staff. We need to show consistencies there. When it come with management, I think we need to start putting pressure at this point. They need to stop using the exucses of keep evaluating players. That is old and no way we can wait another full season in evaluating players. We already know what we have. Other thant AG, Isaac, Bamba and Birch the  rest is crappy. They maked a bad move by letting Mario go for nothing. No excuses there. 

We need to make moves and the quality of the move or lack of it this year will likely determine their future. You dont want to pressure to make win now movements but we certainly want to see moves that will make us better eventually. We want them to use whatever asset we currently have in our favor. 

25 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am baffled by Isaac ankle injuries. I honestly think we need to get into the training staff and due some immediated changes in that department. 

When it comes to players and personnel. I think is time to explore options to get rid of Fournier and Vuch. No need to keep this two together anymore.

Our bench is pathetic. Other than Birch and Bamba we should look to replace the rest. 

I am ok with our coaching staff. We need to show consistencies there. When it come with management, I think we need to start putting pressure at this point. They need to stop using the exucses of keep evaluating players. That is old and no way we can wait another full season in evaluating players. We already know what we have. Other thant AG, Isaac, Bamba and Birch the  rest is crappy. They maked a bad move by letting Mario go for nothing. No excuses there. 

We need to make moves and the quality of the move or lack of it this year will likely determine their future. You dont want to pressure to make win now movements but we certainly want to see moves that will make us better eventually. We want them to use whatever asset we currently have in our favor. 

We changed our entire training staff this summer. It's not a training staff thing. It's a pain tolerance and stability thing. He's worked on strengthening his ankles for the last 8 months. I don't know if they'll get better. 

I'm not 100% on this but I've heard a few people talk about how really bad ankle sprains growing up lead to chronic ankle problems as the tendon responsible for stability and rotation stretches instead of tears. So you end up with an ankle that sprains more easily. 

But I think we have some physical therapy guys on here that could definitely give a more informed answer than mine

Tomorrow is going to be a good test to figure out if the season is over or not. We don't have to win but if it's a loss it has to be similar to the Philly loss with effort and level of execution. If we come out flat again the season might as well be over until dramatic changes are made.

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We changed our entire training staff this summer. It's not a training staff thing. It's a pain tolerance and stability thing. He's worked on strengthening his ankles for the last 8 months. I don't know if they'll get better. 

I'm not 100% on this but I've heard a few people talk about how really bad ankle sprains growing up lead to chronic ankle problems as the tendon responsible for stability and rotation stretches instead of tears. So you end up with an ankle that sprains more easily. 

But I think we have some physical therapy guys on here that could definitely give a more informed answer than mine

I’ll chime in. Not a PT but damn sure should be one. 

Theres some truth to that but ankle tendons can be strengthen and it doesn’t always lead to chronic problems. It all depends on the training staff and what they implement to help stabilize and strengthen the ankle. Plus there’s time.

Take GHill and his ankle. We had a horrible training staff when he was here. Phoenix’s was top notch and really was instrumental for him being able to continue to play. Nash too.

Restabilization is very possible. Question is do they know the correct exercises to accomplish this? Time is the other. He just started this last season and off season. Now we’re in season which is very difficult to maintain an in depth routine. They very well might sit him out a while and continue to work with him there.

I don’t even think it’s a destabilizing issue. It’s a stabilizing and strengthening issue. He blew up over night and continued to grow . Big man in general are notorious for stabilizing problems in the ankles and feet. 

12 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Fournier for Solomon Hill and NOP unprotected 2019 1st. 

Vucevic for WCS and 2019 2nd round pick. 

Very good trade. Sacramento wouldn't do WCS for Vuc straight up, though

27 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Trying to convince myself that Washington would take Gordon for Beal.

Aren't we then just a crappy team with Beal?

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Aren't we then just a crappy team with Beal?

Yup. Beal isn’t the guy you trade AG for. He’s the guy you trade Fournier and Vuch to put next to AG and future acquisitions.