The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Rozier seems like a huge risk to me. How do you evaluate a guy with realatively little sample size, a great all around team that makes every player seem better than they are, and one of the best coaches in the league. Put him on even an average team last year and who is he?

He scares me because of his great situation. 

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Wright or Russell for me. 

The one thing that scares me about wright is I have no idea what his ceiling is. What if he's just like Rubio or Darren Collison? That is, a starting point guard with positive impact but not anything special. What if he's not a scorer?

At this point I even look at Derrick Rose! Lol. This team needs that much help at the PG position. 

But seriously, I think we really really need to take a look Tyus Jones. He is definetely an upgrade.

I think the Magic ''brain trust'' should explore a deal with the Lakers for Lonzo Ball - LB is a much better ''fit'' with Magic than Walton's ''spread'' offense and now with LeBron there - just a bad fit for Ball. Ball with Magic would ''run'' the Show and get everyone involved which is what I think the Magic really need at this time.

Don't want to hear Ball can't shoot b.s. - he took over 100 3's at UCLA [his only season] and shot over 40%....last NBA season low shooting % was more Walton's ''spread'' offense than

Ball's lack of shooting skill....Jamal Wilkes, World B. Free, Purvis Short and others had unconventional shooting styles and all had long NBA careers. Lonzo Ball makes HIS team better by

making his teammates more productive with his ''dimes.'' - just feel Ball is ''perfect fit'' for Magic.

At this stage though, the real knock on his game has been on the defensive end. It may not be where Fournier is meant to excel, but there is also no question the Magic can be a top-10 outfit in this category when you combine Clifford with the defensive-minded players here.

Fournier does not fall into that category, but it is on everybody to do their part on that end of the court. If anything, the ability of guys like Simmons, Bamba and Isaac to switch and rotate is a luxury for Fournier, who can hide on weaker offensive opponents.

These players also sweep up the mistakes and missed rotations by Fournier. Unfortunately, when he’s on the court, the Magic have a defensive rating of 110.1. When he’s off the court, the Magic defense drastically improves to a defensive rating of 98.7.

This is the worst mark of Fournier’s career. Orlando currently ranks 11th in defensive rating overall (106.8). That number figures to improve regardless, but imagine how good the Magic could be as a unit if Fournier improved even a little bit. Instead, he is going in the other direction.

https://hoopshabit.com/2018/10/25/orlando-magic-evan-fournier-whats-needed-early/

Yea Ball is shooting 40% from deep and that’s on 5 attempts per game. He looks really good and with his shot falling like that he can easily play off-ball with Lebron more.

I’d say he’s extremely close to being unattainable for us or anyone for that matter unless it’s for a legit star. Not Fournier or Vuch that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Ball might be about to become untradeable. He's playing great

They might only move him for Lillard or somebody like that

You are 100% correct. I am just hoping that Lavar comes out of “retirement” and makes it somehow possible. 

We might be one of those teams that has certain poor defensive players that play good defense one day, crappy defense the next day, Clifford emphasizes defensive principles again, then more good defense starting the cycle again.