The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

LA has been playing an actual center less than 50% of the time. Do we think it’s because they don’t have the players or is it by design? Just trying to figure out why LAL would trade a piece like Lonzo for an offensive-minded center when they aren’t struggling to score and are only playing with a traditional center half the time. 

They don't have the players

The Lakers wouldn't look at vucevic as a offense only center but as a center that you can count on for more than 20mpg. 

Kuzma center lineups have a 122 defensive rating. 

11 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

LA has been playing an actual center less than 50% of the time. Do we think it’s because they don’t have the players or is it by design? Just trying to figure out why LAL would trade a piece like Lonzo for an offensive-minded center when they aren’t struggling to score and are only playing with a traditional center half the time. 

They are forced to play Lebron and Kuzma there. A true center like Vuch would help them a lot on both sides. It would free up Lebron and give them a guy that can screen, perform a center's defensive responsibilities (not great, but probably better than Lebron or Kuzma), good passing from the position, another shooting/scoring threat, and can soak up minutes. Honestly, even if Vuch was performing closer to last year's levels, he'd most likely improve their team- we just wouldn't be able to ask for as much.

I think we also need to look at Vucevic in a different way in terms of other teams vs. us.

For us, Vucevic has often been one of the main, if not main, elements of the team- usually sliding in number 1-2 in shots taken per game, and playing some of the most minutes on the team. And I think this is where a lot of our issues with Vuch come from- he has been called to be a primary outlet and an anchor on both ends of the floor and he hasn't been able to do that well enough.

But put him on a team like the Lakers, and his responsibilities would change. You might not want his production as your #1 or 2 option, but I think you'd be at least decently happy with that play as a 3-5 option, especially if your #1 option is Lebron.

12 minutes ago, Odin said:

I think we also need to look at Vucevic in a different way in terms of other teams vs. us.

For us, Vucevic has often been one of the main, if not main, elements of the team- usually sliding in number 1-2 in shots taken per game, and playing some of the most minutes on the team. And I think this is where a lot of our issues with Vuch come from- he has been called to be a primary outlet and an anchor on both ends of the floor and he hasn't been able to do that well enough.

But put him on a team like the Lakers, and his responsibilities would change. You might not want his production as your #1 or 2 option, but I think you'd be at least decently happy with that play as a 3-5 option, especially if your #1 option is Lebron.

Also imagine our situation if we were 0-4. We'd all be freaking out trying to find whatever player we could think of to start for us. 

There's a pretty good chance they start like 2-6. Are they going to be happy wasting a year of LeBron?

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Also imagine our situation if we were 0-4. We'd all be freaking out trying to find whatever player we could think of to start for us. 

There's a pretty good chance they start like 2-6. Are they going to be happy wasting a year of LeBron?

Also, will Lebron be happy having a year wasted? His mood will have an impact as well.

I think the Bucks could use Vuc as starting Center. So they could bring Lopez from the bench. We should try to get Brogdon in return. Maybe we could include Butler from the Wolves in the trade. Something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqazt2s Minny would also get the okc-pick. If necessary flip Augustin with Simmons

Brogdon/Grant

Butler/Simmons

Isaac/Ross

Gordon/Isaac/Dieng

Dieng/Bamba

Our defense would be outstanding!

I would hope the Lakers are in panic mode by December and we can somehow get Ball.
I wanted to trade for Rozier two years ago before he broke out, now he will cost too much.
Ball still has huge upside and is still a few years away from getting paid. 

Ball can develop a shot, there are so many examples of players that do. He already has all the other intangibles, the only thing i’m worried about is health. 
The real reason i’m high on on this trade is its very possible. The Lakers this year have a bunch of ball handlers, they could easily live without Ball this year. Next year they will have many options in free agency and i think the most likely fit is Kemba Walker. Also, right now the Lakers could really use the services of Vucevic. Never in the last few years has a team really needed a player like him at the same time he was playing extremely well. Checked the trade machine, trade fits perfectly with Zubac added to Lonzo.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y94kebv2

The big reason for the Lakers to do this, it fits the objective. Vuc will fit in perfectly and allows even more money to come off the books in the summer. Throw in a pick and it gives them ammo to sign one Mega free agent and do a sign and trade for another. And if he plays well he can be resigned after free agency using bird rights to a slightly larger contract that he would command on the market.
Lastly both Josh Hart and Kuzma were drafted at the same time and the Lakers might value them more(hopefully). It would be hard to resign all 3 in a few years at the same time.

I just want to add, if i was the Lakers i would be all in on Kemba.  If a superstar wing like Kwahi or Durant were available and wanted to come to the Lakers, they would be my first choice. However i don't see this happening. My back-up plan is  a veteran first option scorer, Lebron has needed one for YEARS NOW. He really hasn't had someone like that since the first two years of the Heatles. Kemba is perfect for the time-frame, Ball is too young. Kemba is an assassin, much like Lilliard ,Curry, and Harden. He is just a tier below them, but he is available! Imagine if they can swing a trade for a wing like Butler.

Kemba,Butler, Ingram, Lebron,Vucevic. Bench of Hart,Kuzma,Wagner and 3 more veterans who want a ring!!!

All of this is made possible by trading Ball to the Magic. 

And yes i would give up next years pick, top 8 protected.