The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, J-Mac said:

Iwundu gonna get PT

I hope we give some minutes to briscoe. Clifford referenced that our issue is failing to drive into the paint to collapse the defense. Briscoe has shown during meaningless minutes an ability to get to the rim. 

I'm sure he'll also provide some flaw that makes him worse than the other guys but maybe he provides more of what we need

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I hope we give some minutes to briscoe. Clifford referenced that our issue is failing to drive into the paint to collapse the defense. Briscoe has shown during meaningless minutes an ability to get to the rim. 

I'm sure he'll also provide some flaw that makes him worse than the other guys but maybe he provides more of what we need

Exactly, he may not be as talented as the other pgs but he provides a huge need that they don’t provide. 

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard and Gordon Hayward all out tonight for rest... not a fan of this

Yeah that's weird we just started the season. I understand Hayward, but the other two really?

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I hope to see him get PT too plus Clifford has said Grant is capable of playing the two so it can work

22 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard and Gordon Hayward all out tonight for rest... not a fan of this

Kawhi and Hayward make sense

Maybe they're closing in on a Butler trade

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Sounds like it's time for Steve to light into some folks asses. Our guards have got to do a better job. DJ and Fournier have been dreadful the first 2 games.

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Butler is out of shape because he didn't play much before

No he isn't. He took all the low guys on the totem pole in a practice like 8 days ago and stomped the 1's.

3 hours ago, J-Mac said:

Yeah that's weird we just started the season. I understand Hayward, but the other two really?

Toronto will be doing everything in their power to keep Kawhi happy in the hopes he'll extend with them.

As for Butler, he's probably still on the trade block and not entirely in favor. There are reasons to rest him  from him having a niggle to a trade about to happen, but it's an odd decision for them to rest their best player.