The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, Odin said:

Looking at our schedule over the next five, it is possible that we end 1-5. Hornets are the team we have the best chance to beat, but Kemba plays well against us, and for some reason we haven't beaten them since 2015. This is going to be a bit of a tough stretch.

It will be interesting to see what Grant can do on Kemba.

Since we're looking forward a bit, the Philly game is really interesting as we definitely have the type of players necessary to execute Boston's defensive gameplan. We just don't have the offensive guys. Wonder if we can sneak up on them after Philly dominated an overmatched Chicago team. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Since we're looking forward a bit, the Philly game is really interesting as we definitely have the type of players necessary to execute Boston's defensive gameplan. We just don't have the offensive guys. Wonder if we can sneak up on them after Philly dominated an overmatched Chicago team. 

Looking forward to Isaac on Simmons. Isaac moves well laterally and Ben can’t shoot to save his life. Embiid shoild have a field day on us though.

Philly isn't as good as people think, especially this year. In the future I can see them contending. I expect the Bucks to finish ahead of them (and was saying it before I read Zach Lowe's predictions)

I think we might be able to steal a game or two, but I don't think anyone should be surprised or upset if we go through this stretch and don't as these are almost all projected to be top 4 seeds in their conference, besides the Hornets and we do not have good recent history vs. the Hornets.

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Philly isn't as good as people think, especially this year. In the future I can see them contending. I expect the Bucks to finish ahead of them (and was saying it before I read Zach Lowe's predictions)

They're good in the sense that embiid is fantastic and Simmons is unusual in the sense that he's strong and it's tough to find on ball defenders that can defend both wing facilitators and old school power forwards so he's capable off exploiting a ton of guys. And the teams that can defend Simmons can't defend saric and Covington while also dealing with embiid. 

Boston killed Philly by just rotating 6'7-6'9 guys in and switching everything. 

On paper we can do that too. The problem is on the other end. Also embiid though I think Bamba played him better than the box score suggests considering most of his fouls were post position fouls

14 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Philly can't compete with Boston...........I don't think anyone can  compete with Boston.  Simmons will have no choice but to learn how to shoot.  Embiid can't feed a pass into the post to save his life.  Saric is a turnover phenomenon.  They have no bench depth and don't have a constant scoring threat that's unstoppable.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Boston should destroy us. 

Though we beat Boston last year in Boston and didn't even play well so who knows

A certain portion of who wins a game comes down to randomness and a team's current form, so there is always a chance.