The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but you also gotta factor the point that we probably have a 50% chance at signing him after the season.

So it's basically figuring out if Rozier's restricted rights are worth that pick. It might be, it'd lower his leverage on the market. It'd guarantee we get him. 

But what if he's not all that good? What if he blows out his knee?

I dunno. 

I can't see Ainge letting him walk for nothing.  I'd assume he matches any offer and tries to trade him for future assets.

15 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I can't see Ainge letting him walk for nothing.  I'd assume he matches any offer and tries to trade him for future assets.

No. They won't. They aren't going to want to pay 160 million in salary to keep a backup point guard that won't play in crunch time lineups 

Rozier is going to get overpaid because viable 25 year old starting point guards are rare in the market. But it's not like he's kemba Walker. He's fine. 

9 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

How do we not have a game thread yet?!? Where the hell is TMF?! Some one get on it!!

I'm excited for tonight!

The game doesn't start for 5 hours and 20 minutes and typically they get created right before the game starts. 

But feel free to create one

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The game doesn't start for 5 hours and 20 minutes and typically they get created right before the game starts. 

But feel free to create one

I know how it works I'm just excited. I wouldn't do it justice. If a desperation one needs to be made I'll go ahead and do it. 

47 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Mauro wants a point guard, future be damned

Considering we've already signed AG, we should be building around Isaac, Bamba and our 2019 rookie. We can afford to take a bad contract, especially if Fournier and Vuc are gone