The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Should have grabbed Lin before Atlanta got him for cheap.

Maybe. Though I get not wanting a guy coming off a knee injury. 

Also I'm pretty sure we didn't have the cap room to absorb him which is what Brooklyn needed. But I honestly don't remember what our cap room looked like. 

We need to be patient and wait for a decent pg to become available later in the year. It’s not worth surrendering a first round pick unless we get a top 15 pg, in my opinion.

Or we just go for it and make Isaac our pg of the future :)

41 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

We need to be patient and wait for a decent pg to become available later in the year. It’s not worth surrendering a first round pick unless we get a top 15 pg, in my opinion.

Or we just go for it and make Isaac our pg of the future :)

It's tough because a lot of those top 15 point guards won't be top 15 point guards by the end of their next contract. Going to have to do some projections

Like Lowry is about to be 33. He might fall off a cliff. There's a lot of 29 year old point guards

We gotta hope Rozier is good and that he wants to stay in the East. He's probably the most proven option that we have a good chance of signing

47 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If Memphis would trade us Mike Conley for Fournier, Vuc, and the OKC pick would you take the deal?

No. Yo no quiero ese contrato cerca de los magic!!! Prefiero seguir recontruyendo de a poco. Rozier podria ser un buen pg para nuestro futuro. Tiene hambre y garra...

9 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

He just turned 31, is owed $97M over the next 3 years, and has had achilles injuries.

Yeah I think so too. 

3 hours ago, Picagus6Uruguay said:

No. Yo no quiero ese contrato cerca de los magic!!! Prefiero seguir recontruyendo de a poco. Rozier podria ser un buen pg para nuestro futuro. Tiene hambre y garra...

TRANSLATION: No, I do not want that contract near the Magic!!! I'd prefer to keep on slowly rebuilding. Rozier could be a good PG for our future. He's hungry and has balls ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

sure, since he probably gets us in the playoffs and the pick would be in the second half of the draft

Yeah but you also gotta factor the point that we probably have a 50% chance at signing him after the season.

So it's basically figuring out if Rozier's restricted rights are worth that pick. It might be, it'd lower his leverage on the market. It'd guarantee we get him. 

But what if he's not all that good? What if he blows out his knee?

I dunno.