Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Spurs

2 minutes ago, flgatorsandmagic said:

We look like hot garbage

We can't hit a single jump shot.... This is a complete anomaly...... You'll see this from this squad about once every 100 games.

Yeah this isn't good anymore. It was fine when the score was close. 

Not convinced it means anything beyond tonight but it's one of those things that is a problem as soon as it's a problem in the regular season

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Not convinced it means anything beyond tonight but it's one of those things that is a problem as soon as it's a problem in the regular season

Yeah.  They've stopped playing defense and are just going through the motions.  

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I just think we were way too impatient on offense, but it's tough when the entire team can't hit a perimeter jumper.

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Yeah.  They've stopped playing defense and are just going through the motions.  

Agree..... Once they built it up to 16 in the 3rd the defense just collapsed....

I stopped watching after the last post and decided to cook.  The Spurs made a halftime adjustment.  The Magic did not.

That's another thing to look forward to going into the regular season.  

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

I just think we were way too impatient on offense, but it's tough when the entire team can't hit a perimeter jumper.

Yeah I mean I'm not sure what you do. Hard to tell if it's Clifford's schemes or just ball movement getting guys open shots but they were just all missing. 

Good to see Bamba scoring now

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah I mean I'm not sure what you do. Hard to tell if it's Clifford's schemes or just ball movement getting guys open shots but they were just all missing. 

Good to see Bamba scoring now

Night's like this happen...... They're RARE...... I'm just glad it happened in the preseason.

2 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Agree..... Once they built it up to 16 in the 3rd the defense just collapsed....

They are nowhere near good enough to just blow off the last preseason game when things aren't going their way.  Certainly not a good game in terms of establishing an identity as a team that others won't want to play.

Just now, JJZFL said:

They are nowhere near good enough to just blow off the last preseason game when things aren't going their way.  Certainly not a good game in terms of establishing an identity as a team that others won't want to play.

I think the absolute poor shooting is what sapped their will tonight. They were playing well defensively even to open the 2nd half, but the misses continued.

4 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I think the absolute poor shooting is what sapped their will tonight. They were playing well defensively even to open the 2nd half, but the misses continued.

I agree with you but that's still worrisome to me.  Hallmark of this Magic team past few years is that when they hit a rough stretch they fall apart.  They need to play hard even if the shots aren't falling, develop some mental toughness.