Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic at heat

I feel like some of you are treating the preseason like real games instead of glorified practices, tune ups to get all the bad play out of our system before the season starts. 

You're completely missing the point. 

I mean last preseason we were a top 15 team and Golden State wasn't in the top 10. 

If we blow out Memphis on Wednesday it doesn't mean anything. If we lose by 15 it doesn't matter. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I feel like some of you are treating the preseason like real games instead of glorified practices, tune ups to get all the bad play out of our system before the season starts. 

I mean last preseason we were a top 15 team and Golden State wasn't in the top 10. 

If we blow out Memphis on Wednesday it doesn't mean anything. If we lose by 15 it doesn't matter. 

Cliff was coaching for the win. I thought the move by the official late was quite blatant and bush league. You draw up a final play and the ump blows the inbound toss and gives up the play.

2 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Cliff was coaching for the win. I thought the move by the official late was quite blatant and bush league. You draw up a final play and the ump blows the inbound toss and gives up the play.

It's preseason for the refs too

Bamba showed passing tonight. Looked a little confused on how to attack Bam. 

Grant showed why he's the backup. Need more facilitating out of him though. 0 assists. 

Lot of missed open shots. 

I’m not sure there are lineup stats for preseason games, but did Bamba play C for more than 5 minutes of his 23 on the court? Seemed like he got a bit of run in the first half, but he was at the 4 for the majority of the night. I thought Bamba at the 4 was just to get him additional minutes, not his primary position...Watching the game, he was pretty neutralized on defense standing out on the perimeter guarding Winslow, and offensively didn’t get much going against the smaller (but stronger) Winslow. 

We were much better on defense last night  than in first preseason game, so from that standpoint I would consider this a successful preseason game.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

We were much better on defense last night  than in first preseason game, so from that standpoint I would consider this a successful preseason game.  

Also we better hope we never have to play Frazier-iwundu lineups big minutes during the season. One at a time they're ok but simultaneously there's an issue of balance. Clogs up the offense

11 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don’t know. Personally it’s not that. It’s the same type of basketball we’ve seen for years now. Pretty uninspiring.

40 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I don’t know. Personally it’s not that. It’s the same type of basketball we’ve seen for years now. Pretty uninspiring.

But it's really not. The defense is better and one of our main offensive sets is now a Gordon Vuc pick and roll and Gordon is actually looking for teammates and distributing the ball well which is not something that occurred previously (20% assist percentage this preseason. 11 last year. 3.9 last preseason). 

Additionally our offensive sets are built around much more weak side action so there's less standing around on the other side (still some, but less). One example that comes to mind is Fournier's lone bucket last night that was created off of a weakside baseline screen. Vogel had really limited motion. 

If Fournier and Simmons hit shots they normally make (and we have every expectation they should make based on hundreds of games of evidence) the overly optimistic posters on here would be claiming a playoff lock.