Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

1st Preseason game: Magic @ 76ers

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Blazers?

Well............ I will attempt to keep an open mind with the kid, but I think he has peaked! It is what it is!

Bamba looked pretty good in limited time - Do we have a stretch 5? Perhaps.....

Gordon was pushing it again trying to be an Allstar

Ross rocked

Point guard is up in the air 

Vucevic on offense was solid, but the usual on D

Fournier off night

I'm very concerned about Issac’s ankles

JSimms struggled 

I’d like to see more Frazier 

What we need is for our 2 kids to stay healthy. JIsaac needs to stay on the floor. Bamba is a rook, but he already looks very enticing. If he can keep himself out of foul trouble then he'll make an impact in his 1st year.

Just now, ~O~ said:

I think it was reasonable.  Its not like I'm expecting their skills to become overt immediately or even mid way through the season.  I'm speaking on the span of about 4 to 6 seasons. Its not like I'm expecting everyone to peak to Durant, Cousins, Paul, Davis standards.  I expect them to peak to their own standard and for the Magic to develop a strategy to implement against using these elite skills.   It just that these players should fill every chink they can through their years on this roster.  If injury or personal matters are a factor, I understand.  But currently, the top general managers in the league are ruthless. Especially Danny Ainge so the Magic need to be ruthless with players themselves but not in the context of panic trades.  

As I haven't watched a full season in over two years since I'm busy and have been discouraged from disappointment, I've missed out on some growth of Fournier..so I might agree.  I might be being a bit unreasonable on my judgement of him. 

Ok you said Fournier shot bad shots

I disagreed

You said only 50/40/90 players should shoot those shots

I said that's absurd. there's only been something like 14 high usage 50/40/90 seasons in history. 

You said it's not absurd you just want us to have Hall of famers so we can win championships. 

I said it's unreasonable to expect guys to be HoFs. 

If you break down our discussion your points don't really make sense for a normal flow of logic. Fournier is a good shooter. He's not special. It doesn't make sense to judge him based on a Klay Thompson standard. He's just not that guy. 

But he can be who he is and the shots he attempted we're also fine. Those aren't mutually exclusive statements. 

1 minute ago, Magicpassion said:

Bamba looked pretty good in limited time - Do we have a stretch 5? Perhaps.....

Gordon was pushing it again trying to be an Allstar

Ross rocked

Point guard is up in the air 

Vucevic on offense was solid, but the usual on D

Fournier off night

I'm very concerned about Issac’s ankles

JSimms struggled 

I’d like to see more Frazier 

JSimms just gets on my nerves. Always playing out of control. He forces even worse then Evan.

4 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Well............ I will attempt to keep an open mind with the kid, but I think he has peaked! It is what it is!

I was talking about briscoe. 

Grant is basically a marginally better Mack. He fits our general philosophy but we were never really counting on him to be anything more than a backup. He's just a really safe guy for 16mpg. 

Briscoe is an unknown. Tonight was encouraging but we don't really know if he's an NBA player yet. Need to see consistency and performance against better players before we freak out. It is still preseason and that applies to good and bad

Is it possible Isaac hurt his ankle on the Bamba highlight over Embiid? Watch the highlights that are posted. It doesn’t really look like anything but he takes a hop right after and then I think he came out shortly after 

1 minute ago, DirtDan2012 said:

JSimms just gets on my nerves. Always playing out of control. He forces even worse then Evan.

Me too, he’s definitely a bench guy. 

Just now, Mack1085 said:

Is it possible Isaac hurt his ankle on the Bamba highlight over Embiid? Watch the highlights that are posted. It doesn’t really look like anything but he takes a hop right after and then I think he came out shortly after 

Apparently he stepped on Saric's for so whenever that happened

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Apparently he stepped on Saric's for so whenever that happened

That hurts like hell..... I've done it once and I hope it nevers happens again.