Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

1st Preseason game: Magic @ 76ers

The free throw differential is very telling. The Magic can't effortlessly guard this team in a exhibition game. 

Currently, this preseason is to judge what will carry over and I for sure hope we're not fouling 7 to 12 times a quarter because the team isn't competent enough to guard or play team defense.  The Magic team defense was...yeah.  Too many players were out of position and at moments, two players were running at one shooter.  Vucevic is going to have to match up with Embiid and..he's going to have to play.......you know..that forbidden word?  De.,......*clears throat*..........Dee......fense?  

Bamba is overmatched against legitimate 5 players....elite 5 players.  He'll have to play the 4 on these type of nights and he's going to have to be confident on both ends as the four player.  I love how he took the ball over embiid. Its unfortunate that he doesn't have to strength, power, and size to dunk emphatically on players yet.  

DJ Augustin getting trapped and forced to pass over length just makes my stomach feel like its being stoned.  They're placing him in situations in which he'll surely turn the ball over.  

Iwundu and Grant need to make themselves seen because I barely can tell them apart thus far.  

Fournier hasn't done a thing........and has -17 on the court (the worst), 0-5 on shooting and 2 turnovers. 0 impact.  Seeing that Philly was trapping the Augustin and Vucevic pic and roll and that both are defensive liabilty, they have been liabilities on the court.  Vucevic has -16 and Augustin has -13.  

Just now, ~O~ said:

The free throw differential is very telling. The Magic can't effortlessly guard this team in a exhibition game. 

Currently, this preseason is to judge what will carry over and I for sure hope we're not fouling 7 to 12 times a quarter because the team isn't competent enough to guard or play team defense.  The Magic team defense was...yeah.  Too many players were out of position and at moments, two players were running at one shooter.  Vucevic is going to have to match up with Embiid and..he's going to have to play.......you know..that forbidden word?  De.,......*clears throat*..........Dee......fense?  

Bamba is overmatched against legitimate 5 players....elite 5 players.  He'll have to play the 4 on these type of nights and he's going to have to be confident on both ends as the four player.  I love how he took the ball over embiid. Its unfortunate that he doesn't have to strength, power, and size to dunk emphatically on players yet.  

DJ Augustin getting trapped and forced to pass over length just makes my stomach feel like its being stoned.  They're placing him in situations in which he'll surely turn the ball over.  

Iwundu and Grant need to make themselves seen because I barely can tell them apart thus far.  

Fournier hasn't done a thing........and has -17 on the court (the worst), 0-5 on shooting and 2 turnovers. 0 impact.  Seeing that Philly was trapping the Augustin and Vucevic pic and roll and that both are defensive liabilty, they have been liabilities on the court.  Vucevic has -16 and Augustin has -13.  

Embiid might be the only NBA player that Bamba has trouble with. Not a ton of power game centers anymore. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Embiid might be the only NBA player that Bamba has trouble with. Not a ton of power game centers anymore. 

Excellent situation for us and the rest of the league.  If Bamba is able to put on muscle, he'll be fine in this league, otherwise he'll have to play a game with semblance of Durant or Antetotkounmpo.

Great showing after coming out of the lockroom thus far.  Augustin  and Vucevic has gotten the Magic back into the game.  

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

No JI to start the 2nd half...

We probably just want to isolate his minutes with Bamba. Not going to play him big minutes tonight so need to be funky with the rotation

1 minute ago, DirtDan2012 said:

No JI to start the 2nd half...

Any word? These sixers broadcasters aren’t very good so I doubt I’m going to hear on the broadcast

R ankle sprain. Will not return. You’ve gotta be *****ing kidding me.

Looks like Fournier is getting "bad shot" happy.  

Jonathan Isaac is nowhere to be found.