Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

@OrlandoMagic

Cliff: “If you ask guys in the NBA about ORL, with most of them the 1st guy they’re gonna talk about is Vucevic. Coaching against him, you have learn how to take him away. There’s not many guys like him. Some people are underselling how respected a player he is.”

Interesting quote; unfortunately, most everyone seems to have figured out how to "take him away". 

9 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Dear God we are never going to get rid of Vuch. Everyone loves him but us!

Clifford loves old school, back to the basket bigs. He was playing Al Jefferson to the dismay of Charlotte fans. Vuc will probably be re-signed to a max here :(

58 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Clifford loves old school, back to the basket bigs. He was playing Al Jefferson to the dismay of Charlotte fans. Vuc will probably be re-signed to a max here :(

NO man please Nooooooooooooo :(

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think this is just pumping a guys confidence up

Vuch: “ I’m brought up the most = more offense less defense? Awesome! Thanks Cliff!”

Think that’s how he interprets it.

6 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

@OrlandoMagic

Cliff: “If you ask guys in the NBA about ORL, with most of them the 1st guy they’re gonna talk about is Vucevic. Coaching against him, you have learn how to take him away. There’s not many guys like him. Some people are underselling how respected a player he is.”

I guess that’s why there was so much interest in trading for him from other teams; oh wait

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Birch averaged 5 points and 3 fouls per game in summer league. 

Last year he averaged 7.8 ppg in 25mpg if you only counted the 11 games he played more than 20 minutes. 

I think we overrated Birch because he looked like a competent version of Biyombo that also weirdly decided to step out and shut down giannis on the perimeter that one time. 

And I think last year the roster was a bit more offense balanced. But since we've replaced Mario and Speights with Martin and Mozgov we're a bit more offensively limited. 

If vucevic hypothetically wasn't on the team you're one wing/forward injury away from running a Grant-Ross-iwundu-Martin-Birch second unit and that not really something you want. 

Vucevic doesn't provide much value but he's a decent stop gap for this year. 

Just based on the won-lost record from last years games Vuch was out, I disagree with this.  I consider him a negative overall. And I don’t think summer league matters that much;  if you discount positive performances, it’s only fair to do the same with negatives.  

But it’s a new season, new coach, and as you point out, a modestly changed roster. I’m willing to wait and see how he looks this season and try to keep an open mind. That will end the first time I see him demoralizing the team by slacking off on defense, though. 

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Just based on the won-lost record from last he games Vuch was out, I disagree with this.  I consider him a negative overall. And I don’t think summer league matters that much;  if you discount positive performances, it’s only fair to do the same with negatives.  

But it’s a new season, new coach, and as you point out, a modestly changed roster. I’m willing to wait and see how he looks this season and try to keep an open mind. That will end the first time I see him demoralizing the team by slacking off on defense, though. 

We were 17 and 40 with him in the lineup and 8 and 17 with him out. 

I'm not sure that's a dramatic difference considering if we lost that game we were trying to tank against Dallas we would have a better record with vucevic in the lineup than out. 

I hate watching Vuc and he is  the reason we lose a game as often as he's the reason we win them. I just think at this point in time we're a team reliant on his offense based on roster construction. 

The time to get rid of him was June or July. 

Maybe Bamba or Isaac steps up offensively and we can move vucevic without worry.