Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

33 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Crazy to think that Tobias Harris may be the sticking point for the Clips acquiring Butler. It's amazing what little we got for our young assets. 

It's all about when you trade someone. They won't trade Tobias because they can sign Butler outright next summer so why give up assets to trade for Butler today?

Just like we won't trade Bamba or Isaac today for Butler because he could just leave. But we totally would have traded Isaac for Butler on draft day 2017 because Butler on a two year deal for just the 6th pick is fantastic value. 

You guys know our offense was alright last season, right? 106.1 the first 66 games (removing the tanking games). Spurs were at 106.8. jazz were at 106.0. median was 107.1.

Defense was the issue. If we replicate last year's offense and defense our defense somewhere in the top 12. That's enough to contend for the 8th seed

Pelicans forward Anthony Davis is currently playing in New Orleans, but he may have his eyes elsewhere. According to a report from Chris Sheridan of Get More Sports, Davis is considering a handful of teams when it comes to his NBA future.

The All-Star forward currently has two years remaining on the five-year, $145 million contract that he signed with the Pelicans back in 2015. The former top overall pick is set to make $25.4 million during the 2018-19 season and $27 million the following campaign. In addition, Davis has a $29 million player option for the 2020-21 season and is eligible for a supermax extension in 2019 (h/t Hoops Hype). 

Davis recently parted ways with his long-time agent Thad Foucher and signed with Rich Paul of Klutch Sports Group. The moved spark serious speculation that Davis could be eyeing a move. 

From Sheridan: 

"Contrary to what has become gospel in the NBA rumor mill — Anthony Davis is a lock to end up with the Los Angeles Lakers next season — the situation with one of the league’s Top 5 players remains fluid. For [now].

But most importantly as it pertains to the Eastern Conference, the Boston Celtics are very much in play as the ultimate long-term landing zone for the best player on the New Orleans Pelicans.

A source with intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the NBA told GetMoreSports.com that Davis is considering five teams in the near and distant future: The Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Pelicans, New York Knicks and Philadelphia 76ers.

The determining factor in the short term will be the level of success the Pelicans do or do not have during the first half of the upcoming 2018-19 season. If they are middle-of-the-pack or worse in the competitive Western Conference, it is more likely than not that Davis will be moved before the trading deadline." 

would be nice to see Orlando mentioned as a possible destination for a superstar once in a while

3 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

would be nice to see Orlando mentioned as a possible destination for a superstar once in a while

Negative.  This would only happen if the magic surprised everyone this season and made it to the second round and ended up top 3 in seeding. 

Our culture is a major problem here but I wont go on berating it like I always do. 

5 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

We won't be until we make the playoffs

Jimmy butlers trade value has to be an all time low right now..... would love to see us fleece them in a trade with Fournier, Simmons,  and a pick. If we make the playoffs this year I could see butler signing an extension and if we don’t all we would lose out on is a late draft pick. He wants to be around a bunch of guys who play hard and are constantly practicing and trying to get better... well say hello to AG, Bamba, Ross, Isaac, Birch, Augustine, Iwundu, and Briscoe! Just keep him away from vuc lol

51 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Jimmy butlers trade value has to be an all time low right now..... would love to see us fleece them in a trade with Fournier, Simmons,  and a pick. If we make the playoffs this year I could see butler signing an extension and if we don’t all we would lose out on is a late draft pick. He wants to be around a bunch of guys who play hard and are constantly practicing and trying to get better... well say hello to AG, Bamba, Ross, Isaac, Birch, Augustine, Iwundu, and Briscoe! Just keep him away from vuc lol

Not that I believe we would be able to snag him but I'm definitely interested in seeing this situation turn out. Thibs' asking price seems to be ridiculous and it seems like he needs him to retain his job. I can see the front office strong arming him into a trade if it gets out of hand. 

26 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

Not that I believe we would be able to snag him but I'm definitely interested in seeing this situation turn out. Thibs' asking price seems to be ridiculous and it seems like he needs him to retain his job. I can see the front office strong arming him into a trade if it gets out of hand. 

It’s starting to look that way man. I saw today Butler returned to Minnesota for a meeting with thibs to reiterate for him that he wants to be traded.

Minnesota got Butler with 2 years left for Dunn who looked like a complete bust, Lavine with 1 year left on his contract and a pick swap. To me it would make sense that they should expect less than that with jimmy butler having only 1 year remaining on his contract and the “super team” landscape of today’s NBA free agency. 

30 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

What if Golden State somehow gets Jimmy butler....somehow

So either they'd have to include one of their 4 best players or build a trade around iguodala. 

And in the latter scenario you'd have to believe the league would intervene.

Iggy is what I thought would be the main component.  I...would even consider the league destroyed at the point.  I didn't care much for the cousins signing..but acquiring Butler...would be just too much for me.