Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

His rebounding has regressed.  Early on he was a very good rebounder here because he actually did the things necessary to secure them.  Now he doesn't box out.

I mean, look at how active this guy was back in the day.  Even defensively he was giving great effort here.  Doesn't even look like the same player.

Check out the effort play at 2:24 and the box out on Joel Anthony at 3:03.  When do we ever see him giving that sort of effort anymore?

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

He gets double digit rebounds or close each year.

But so do many other centers. We're now 4 seasons removed from the last time vucevic finished in the top 12 for rebounding. 

We've also been one of the bottom 12 rebounding teams every year he's been here except for year 1. Now that's not entirely on him. Team rebounding is important. I do think some of his struggles have to do with deeper shots resulting in rebounds further from the basket. But truly great rebounders track better (like Kevin Love) or clear guys out and get contested rebounds (like Drummond) or isolate their man so teammates can rebound (like Steven Adams). Vuc gets a lot of rebounds but he's not really a good rebounder. Neither is Gordon fwiw. Gordon out jumps guys but he's never really fighting for boards or getting any outside of his general vicinity when the shot goes up. 

9 minutes ago, ML6 said:

His rebounding has regressed.  Early on he was a very good rebounder here because he actually did the things necessary to secure them.  Now he doesn't box out.

I mean, look at how active this guy was back in the day.  Even defensively he was giving great effort here.  Doesn't even look like the same player.

Check out the effort play at 2:24 and the box out on Joel Anthony at 3:03.  When do we ever see him giving that sort of effort anymore?

It's like a completely different guy

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

As I’ve said before, the guy has not been the same since he got his face hurt and had to wear the mask. He shuns way from contact ever since. Sad. 

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

As I’ve said before, the guy has not been the same since he got his face hurt and had to wear the mask. He shuns way from contact ever since. Sad. 

That might be a thing

38 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

tag him on twitter and show him these. Might bloody make a difference. Night n day wow lol